The Amazon shopping tricks for shoppers worldwide
Every business involves some element of risk. I am not to be held responsible for any losses you incur as a result of carelessness, negligence, greed or overzealousness. Follow my guide to the letter and you should encounter any problem shopping on Amazon.
Especially relevant is the fact that my Amazon shopping tricks work more for those shopping for private consumption than for big buyers. I will talk about Amazon for business in my subsequent post. Now join my ride as I take you through the Amazon shopping tricks.
Pre-requisites to getting the cheapest deals on Amazon
- You need to open and verify an Amazon account. Note: it is not enough to just sign up. You must complete the sign-up process by attaching a valid credit card(you can remove it later) and by providing a valid billing address. If you are a scam artist, you will get banned before you can ship anything out.
- Also, it will be an added advantage if you have a US address where your items can be shipped. You can later arrange for how you will get your items from your USA contact. If this is not possible for you, then you have to ship directly to Nigeria or whatever your country is. Fortunately, we have many shipping companies now. I have used a couple of them. Just google them. Personally, I have a relative in the US and he is the one handling my shipping down to Nigeria for me.
- It is a must to be ready to search for products, do not just go with the first results search for the cheapest yet highly rated. You can even set your min and maximum prices under their search filter.
- You need an active ATM/Credit/Debit card for your purchases. Amazon accepts only credit card for consumers outside.
Other things you need to know before shopping from outside the US
- Initially, I wasn’t subscribed to amazon prime. To my utter disbelief, I only realized how much I have missed after becoming a prime member. Sadly, you can’t enjoy free prime shipping if you are not in the USA. There are too many benefits of prime to mention. Amazon Prime. Please read them for yourself here. My first Amazon shopping tricks for today is “Amazon Prime”. Although I am in Nigeria, I am still able to enjoy at least 60% of my prime benefits. The most outstanding benefits I am enjoying is access to the best-discounted deals and 2 days free shipping. You need a US address to be able to enjoy most of the prime’s benefits.
- Try and make use of Amazon gift card. Alternatively, open a domiciliary account and, load your account and attach the card to your Amazon account. With a Dom account, you can buy cheaper USD than what your bank will sell to you With a gift card, you can store funds in your account and buy later. In fact, you can reload gift cards to your accounts over time if your bank has an international spending limit policies. This will help you meet the required amount needed to make your purchases. I remember when I had to load $2 every day for 30 days before I could complete the amount required to buy an item off Amazon.
- Search products with categories: search for your items within a specific category. It is not always very cool selecting any categories option although this also occasionally has its own benefits. For example, if you want to buy iPhone 8 plus unlocked you can type it into the search box within the cellphone category.
- Keep both quality and price in view by reading the users reviews. Don’t go all out after just the price. try and patronize highly rated sellers.
- If you are buying for personal use, consider “Amazon refurbished items”. Also try as much as possible to select their certified refurbished products. Most of their refurbished products are as good as the new ones
- Make sure you ask their supports questions on anything that is unclear to you.
- Avoid buying heavy liquid products as this will shoot up your shipping cost irrespective of your shipper.
- If you need more of a particular product, please buy it from another seller on Amazon.
- Make sure your billing account’s information is 100% correct. Do not worry, your billing address can be in Nigeria while you ship to New Jersey in the US.
- Finally, if you want to go big and buy in bulk on Amazon, you will need to sign up for Amazon business. To do this, you need an SSN(Social security number) In other words, you must be a USA resident. On the other hand, you can open the Amazon business account if you have a business in the US.