There is no stressing the emphasis on the usefulness of any Gift card/ ecard. Every gift card irrespective of the merchant has its comparative advantages when compared to buying with credit cards. Today, I will acclimatise us with the benefits of Amazon gift cards n Africa and other continents outside the US, UK, China, Canada, Japan, France, Italy, Spain, Germany and so on. The 9 previously mentioned countries are the countries of the world that are fully represented by having their own versions of “Amazon websites”.
Other countries are to go through any of these sites or use the international version known as “amazon.com”. Amazon.com has tagged a US site however, it is the easiest to use globally. It allows users from all around the world and that is why Africans especially Nigerians can shop on Amazon.
- Tricks that can allow you to buy cheap on Amazon from outside the US
I started using Amazon gift cards as far back as 2015 when we ushered in the current government in Nigeria. Our currency was devalued and there was a rapid and steady rise in the exchange rates between NGN and USD. I realised that as the went by, there was an increase. from 205>>210>>215… I was frustrated but I did not act.
The last straw that made me jump ship was when the banks in the country came with the $100 international spending limits. Now, i was about to buy a TV worth of 400usd for a client and I am forced to withdraw just $100 per day. Logically, this means if I want to buy with my credit has had always been the case, I wouldn’t be able to do so. In order words, I would have gone for a product that cost less than or is equals to a $100.
Out of frustration, I contacted Amazon’s support for help and they made my day. They told me to load my gift card wallet with as much a fund as would be enough for me to make my purchases. I loaded $100 4 times to make it $400. This opened my eyes to the benefits of Amazon gift cards that I was hitherto blinded to. I will now go straight to the subject matter “Amazon gift cards n Africa”
What is a Gift Card?
It is my custom to always simplify my scenarios so that it can accommodate both new entrants and geeks alike. Today’sarticlee on Amazon gift cards n Africa will not be an exception.
According to Wikipedia, A gift card (also known as a gift certificate in North America, or gift voucher or gift token in the UK) is a prepaid stored-value money card usually issued by a retailer or bank to be used as an alternative to cash for purchases within a particular store or related businesses.
General benefits of using gift cards
My approach is going to be climatic. We are moving from the general to the specifics without deviating from the subject-matter “Amazon gift cards n Africa”. First off, there are as many types of gift cards as there are the merchants selling them. If my records serve me correctly, we have more than a 100 active gift cards out there. Amazon, Walmart and Target gift cards are in the top 3. We have others like eBay, apple, Mcdonalds Gamestop gift cars. Now, why opting for gift cards? are they really worth it?
- Gift cards reduce fraud: The use of an electronic gift card allows for partial redemption, leaving the rest of the balance stored on the gift card and eliminating cash backs.
- To the company that owns the trademark for the gift card can create more brand awareness by selling her gift cards
- A gift card can be cheaper than paying directly. This, in turn, can attract new customers for the company.
- Perceived value is greater with gift cards compared to coupons. I mean for example if you buy a 400usd worth of gift card and you only need a 100usd worth of item, you are bound to revisit that particular store to exhaust your card balance
- It is easily sharable and distributed
- By far more convenient; Once you have loaded enough gift cards into your account, you do not need an Otp, or a token as you would when making payment with your credit card.
- It is non-returnable and non-refundable once purchased redeemed
- More secure. This needs no further explanations.
- It helps you to generate revenue in advance of sales: You will not pay until the card is redeemed
We are now at the main events. please flip to the next page to continue>>