There is no stressing the emphasis on the usefulness of any Gift card/e-card. Every gift card, regardless of the merchant, has comparative advantages compared to credit card purchases. Today, I will acclimatize us with the benefits of Amazon gift cards n Africa and other continents outside the US, UK, China, Canada, Japan, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, and so on. The nine previously mentioned countries are the countries of the world that are fully represented by having their versions of “Amazon websites.”
Other countries are to go through any of these sites or use the international version known as “amazon.com”. Amazon.com has tagged a US site. However, it is the easiest to use globally. It allows users from all around the world, and that is why Africans, especially Nigerians, can shop on Amazon.
- Tricks that can allow you to buy cheap on Amazon from outside the US
I started using Amazon gift cards as far back as 2015 when we ushered in the current government in Nigeria. Our currency was devalued, and there was a rapid and steady rise in the exchange rates between NGN and USD. I realized that as they went by, there was an increase. from 205>>210>>215… I was frustrated, but I did not act.
The last straw that made me jump ship was when the banks in the country came with the $100 international spending limits. I was about to buy a TV worth 400usd for a client, and I was forced to withdraw just $100 per day. Logically, this means if I want to buy with my credit has had always been the case, I wouldn’t be able to do so. In order words, I would have gone for a product that costs less than or is equal to $100.
Out of frustration, I contacted Amazon’s support for help and they made my day. They told me to load my gift card wallet with as much a fund as possible to make my purchases. I loaded $100 4 times to make it $400. This opened my eyes to the benefits of Amazon gift cards that I was hitherto blinded to. I will now go straight to “Amazon gift cards n Africa.”
What is a Gift Card?
It is my custom always to simplify my scenarios so that they can accommodate both new entrants and geeks alike. Today’sarticlee on Amazon gift cards n Africa will not be an exception.
According to Wikipedia, A gift card (also known as a gift certificate in North America, or gift voucher or gift token in the UK) is a prepaid stored-value money card usually issued by a retailer or bank to be used as an alternative to cash for purchases within a particular store or related businesses.
General benefits of using gift cards
My approach is going to be climatic. We are moving from the general to the specifics without deviating from the subject matter “Amazon gift cards n Africa”. First off, there are as many types of gift cards as the merchants are selling them. We have over 100 active gift cards if my records serve me correctly. Amazon, Walmart, and Target gift cards are in the top 3. We have others like eBay, Apple, Mcdonald’s Gamestop gift cars. Now, why opt for gift cards? Are they worth it?
- Gift cards reduce fraud: An electronic gift card allows for partial redemption, leaving the remaining balance stored on the gift card and eliminating cash backs.
- The company that owns the trademark for the gift card can create more brand awareness by selling her gift cards.
- A gift card can be cheaper than paying directly. This, in turn, can attract new customers for the company.
- Perceived value is greater with gift cards compared to coupons. I mean, for example, if you buy a 400usd worth of gift cards and you only need a 100usd worth of items, you are bound to revisit that particular store to exhaust your card balance.
- It is easily sharable and distributed.
- By far more convenient; Once you have loaded enough gift cards into your account, you do not need an Otp or a token as you would when paying with your credit card.
- It is non-returnable and non-refundable once purchased and redeemed
- More secure. This needs no further explanation.
- It helps you to generate revenue in advance of sales: You will not pay until the card is redeemed.
What is an Amazon gift card, and how are they Utilized?
Using a quote from Amazon.com Amazon.com Gift Cards are issued by ACI Gift Cards LLC, a Washington limited liability company, and include Amazon.com Gift Cards that are automatically added to your Amazon.com Balance when you “reload” your balance, receive an “allowance”, or use an “Amazon Cash” barcode (“Gift Cards”). Your Amazon.com Balance displays the total remaining balance of all Gift Cards that have been applied to your Amazon.com account but not yet applied to a purchase.
We may refer to your Amazon.com Balance as your “Amazon Balance”, “Gift Card balance”, or “GC Balance”. To view your Amazon.com Balance, visit Your Account on Amazon.com. Purchases are deducted from your Amazon.com Balance. Any unused Amazon.com Balance will remain associated with your Amazon.com account. If a purchase exceeds your Amazon.com Balance, the remaining amount must be paid with another payment method.
Benefits of using an Amazon.com gift card
Add this to the general benefits of a gift card. I am talking about the specifics here. Amazon.com gift cards are used for the following reasons:
- Amazon.com Gift Cards never expire and carry no fees.
- Redeemable toward millions of items storewide on Amazon.com. In other words, you can use them to buy just anything, including vehicles, on Amazon.com.
- Multiple denominations. Choose your amount from $1.00 to $2,000. I am yet to buy that of 2k dollars, though. I can only attempt that when purchasing directly from Amazon.
- Variety of designs for any occasion. In case you don’t know, the brains behind the name gift cards are in the fact that it is a gift. You can design this in several ways to buy it and send it as a gift to friends or family.
The perfect gift: Amazon.com Gift Cards are the ideal way to give them exactly what they’re hoping for–even if you don’t know what it is. Recipients can choose from millions of items storewide. Amazon.com Gift Cards never expire, so they can buy something immediately or wait for that sale for a lifetime.
- Also, you accumulate several gift cards and store them over time until you are ready to use them. Thanks to the non-expiration tag!!
Why are Amazon.com cards precious to Nigerians and others with an ailing economy?
The reasons why as a Nigerian, you may need to reload or redeem a gift card are as follows:
Note: Reloading a gift card is different from redeeming one. When you reload, you use your bank card to buy gift cards directly from Amazon. When you save, you already have the card code and manually enter it into your account.
- Limitations on international spending: Nigerian banks have placed several spending limits on international transactions. Currently, the barrier is set at $1000 by some banks. Although if you own a dollar card, you can spend as much as you want without limit. This is not enough if you want to do real business and make good cash. Instead, you can reload your Amazon account by purchasing a Gift card with your Niara card or attaching your dollar card directly to your account to make purchases.
- It can be cheaper to shop with a gift card. If you have a contact in the US, they can send it to you as a gift, and you can redeem this in your Amazon account. Warning!! Amazon now frowns at the abuse of her Gift card. According to Amazon, gift cards must be used sparingly occasionally and when you receive them as a gift. You cannot substitute or exchange gift cards for cash. If you do this, your account could be closed by Amazon.
- It is way more convenient. Also, issues are resolved faster when buying a gift card than a credit card.
Where and how can I buy a Gift Card?
First, let it be on record that the two genuine sources of an Amazon gift card are either reloading it and directing r by redeeming a code purchased from Amazon participating partners. You can legally acquire a genuine Amazon gift card in three ways. These are:
- Buy it directly from Amazon using your local ATM/credit card(Legal and safe)
- You can receive it as a gift from a friend or a family(Legal and safe if gotten from Amazon’s participating stores)
- Also, you can buy from authorized participating stores, for example, the ones from this link
- You can win Amazon.com gift cans from auction sites or as giveaways or some random sites(This is dangerous and unsafe)
If and when you are buying a gift card from a 3rd party, please always watch your back. The followings are the red flags: 1. Do not buy a card that has no receipt, 2. Do not buy a card that has a photoshopped receipt. Avoid transacting with any seller who doesn’t own and operate his or her own Amazon account. Finally, do not load a gift card to a fresh and unverified account.
Failure to comply with the above will surely lead to account termination/suspension and you will lose all your balance no matter how much. It will be a big blow for you if a $50 fraudulent gift card causes you to lose thousands of dollars.
WHAT ARE THE MAJOR LIMITATIONS TO USING AN AMAZON.COM GIFT CARD?
There is no good thing without its bad side. Amazon is strict with its policies, and we have some inexcusable limits on gift cards.
- Amazon.com Gift Cards can only be used to purchase eligible goods and services on Amazon.com. In layman’s language, to purchase a gift card for Amazon’s website in another country, please visit Amazon.ca, Amazon.cn, Amazon.fr, Amazon.de, Amazon.in, Amazon.it, Amazon.jp, Amazon.uk, or Amazon.es.
- Amazon.com Gift cards in smaller denominations can cost recipients money. To explain this further, let us say that you receive a $25 card; if you can’t see what you want to buy for that amount, you must augment it with your credit card.
- Your Amazon.com Balance cannot be used to purchase other Gift Cards
- Also, you cannot use your gift card to subscribe to “Amazon Prime” or similar services on Amazon. To subscribe to amazon prime membership, you need to use your credit card.
- Non-transferrable, resellable for value, or redeemed for cash, except to the extent required by law. No portion of your Amazon.com Balance may be transferred to another Amazon.com account.
- Conclusively, please read the full terms and conditions as it pertains to Amazon.com gift card here
You can drop your comment in the comment box or use the contact form for further inquiries.