This post was most recently updated on June 4th, 2019
This post is inspired by Ancloud P5 Android IPTV media box and Anmax game station iptv box. A good android IPTV box should have all it takes to replace your personal computer especially when you attach all the necessary accessories. In this article, I shall be exposing you to computer accessories that work with android IPTV boxes and android phones. My reference images herein is that of ancloud p5 as that happens to be the box that I own at the moment. However, this guide is applicable to all Android devices. The only requirement is for such an Android device to support USB OTG. Besides, the accessories are also compatible with Mac computer, Windows computer, PlayStation console and smart tv
- 14 Features you must look out for before buying any Android TV/Streaming Media box
- How to configure Anmax Joystick/Gamepad to play Pes 2018 & General gamepad configuration
Computer Accessories that work with Android IPTV
- USB ON-The-GO (OTG) Cable: This allows USB devices, such as digital audio players or mobile phones, to act as a host, allowing other USB devices, such as USB flash drives, digital cameras, mice or keyboards, to be attached to them. This is compulsory for all Android phones and tablets to work with USB devices. It is shown in the picture above. Note: The Android phone you want to use OTG cable for must supports OTG. Most android phones by popular brands like Samsung, htc, Sony has OTG support. Also, most Android Tablets and phablets support OTG
- Wired Gamepad/Game controller: this can work with most modern android IPTV boxes direct and it also works with top brand android phones via OTG. At the same time, expect it to work with your PC.
- Wireless Optical mouse with multi-function buttons
- Portable wireless keyboard
List of Computer listed Accessories that are Compatible with Android
Any top-of-the-line Android IPTV box can use any of these accessories. Like i said, I am using an ancloud p5 android box as my case study here. Ancloud P5 and anmax x10 are high-end Android IPTV boxes which can run most Android applications. There is however frustration while navigating through most android boxes using its default on-screen keyboard or via the remote control. Here is where a mini portable wireless keyboard comes handy.
Mini Wireless/Bluetooth Keyboard Compatible with Android Boxes and Phones
With a portable wireless physical keyboard, navigation through ancloud or any other compatible Android IPTV box is like a hot knife through butter. You can view my findings in the pictures that follow.
The first three pictures depict the connection between A mini keyboard and ancloud p5 android IPTV box. if you have this keyboard, you do not actually need a mouse because this keyboard has a mouse-mode.
Secondly, I connected I used the keyboard to configure my internet connection on Ancloud. The third picture is the default Android web browser fully displayed on my HDTV. It is a breeze using a wireless keyboard to navigate through your web browser on an Android TV box.
The fourth picture was when I was attaching the keyboard’s USB adapter to the android box ancloud(this is what will enable the keyboard to connect to ancloud) it comes bundled with the keyboard.
Wired and Wireless Gamepad Configuration with an Android IPTV Box
During my testing, I also attached and configures a gamepad to work with the Android TV box as well as my android phone. The image above is that of the TV box, while subsequent pictures is that of android mobile phones.
I actually tested it with FIFA 16 android game on Ancloud using the Gamepad. It worked but it was lagging because the game was not optimized for the Android desktop. Anmax, on the other hand, can use a wireless gamepad and all the android games are fully optimized on it without any form of lag. You can read about anmax android box + game station here. I want to implore you not to enjoy the best performance when you sideload android mobile games on any android IPTV boxes. There are some games specially optimized for this kind of devices.
Mouse /Keyboard and Gamepad Compatible with Android Phones and Tablets via USB OTG
I tested the three accessories on a galaxy s6 and they worked flawlessly. I even connected it to a smart TV using miracast (Alternately, you can use chromecast or connection via mhl to HDMI in supported devices)wifi dongle. The results are replicated in the pictures below:
Prerequisites when using USB DEVICES ON Android Phones OR Tablets
- Your phone must support USB On-the-Go please make sure the specifications of your phone includes this.
- You must buy the OTG cable or OTG adapter. It is only then that your android phone will recognize your mouse or keyboard or mouse or webcam or any USB devices.
- To use a gamepad on any android mobile game, that game must support a physical gamepad. For example, FIFA 14, 15 and 16 support gamepad. most rich modern android games either support gamepad or mouse or both
Once you connect your USB device to your Android via otg, the phone will recognize it and make use of it automatically. I had to select my game-pad for my phone as you can see in the picture above.
WHERE CAN I GET ALL THESE OR AT LEAST ONE OF THEM
You can get all these accessories that work with android IPTV from computer shops. But then, make sure you test them before you pay. I actually ordered mine if you don’t mind, I can help you do the same.
I believe if you have an android tab you may consider the gamepad and keyboard in other to turn your tap into a mini pc. but for normal phones, I do not think you need these because the screen is small unless maybe you want to beam the constant of your phone to the huge screen of your television. Finally, share this with those who are yours and you may be reducing the stress of someone out there. For business related inquiries on this topic, contact me via “info @ lemmymorgan.com”