The information am going to share here is basically on a major hardware problem being experienced by some owners / users of qsat decoders. You should also take cognizance of the fact that I am not an hardware engineer. Although you can call me a freelance software engineer because i learnt a lot from the masters on issues rekated to decoders softwares. But i have it in good confidence the reason why some qsat with enter boot loop after successful firmware upgrade. Yes you heard me right, your qsat dies when you know that you upgraded successfully and smoothly. This is caused by a defective electrical component inside the qsat decoder named crystal oscillator. This problem is quiet diffrent from “Download from TS” caused by power failure during upgrade you can fix download from ts here(download from ts is characterized by a bluescreen on your television, crystal oscillator damage will not even load any image into your television. Your television remains totally blank)
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF CRYSTAL OSCILLATOR PROBLEM IN QSAT RECEIVERS
- To be sincere, the major cause is due to factory defect. But unfortunately for the buyer, you won’t know until you start using it. Especially when you start upgrading your qsat. This problem is common with newer models of qsat especially Q11G+ and Q13G+. I have never had the this issue with q11g, q13g or q15g.
- Secondly, if you are fond of leaved external devices connected into your qsat when you are not using them, you are likely going to damage your crystal oscillator (such devices majorly include usb storage device e.g flash drive or external HDD)
- Finally though not confirmed, i was told that high voltage and defective lnb gradually damage the crystal oscillator.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF A QSAT HAVING DEFECTIVE A crystal oscillator?
- The earlier sympotm is that your qsat will generally boot up and load into menu slower than that of your counterparts
- If you dare upgrade a defective qsat to the latest software, you will simply hard-brick your decoder. In other words, your decoder will only write “LOAD”, it will only display one “red LED” and it will fail to display anything whatsoever on your television.
SOLUTIONS AND PREVENTIONS
My suggestions will be based on my personal observations. That is Only buy any qsat with the (+) sign as a last resort, that is if you can’t find q11g, q13g or q15g in the market. Secondly, if you already ought a qsat with the (+) sign e,g q11g+ or q13g+, please don’t upgrade your decoder unless its absolutely necessary for example am still running the v6.03 software on my qsat q11g though the latest software is v6.68.
As for the solutions, you just have to replace the defective component this isgoing to be very difficult if you can’t find a very qualified engineer. things can be easier if you have another dead qsat that is not having the crystal oscillator problem. But left to me, the real solution is to buy another qsat unit.
Other preventions include avoiding all the causes of crystal oscillator problem as listed above.