This post was last updated on September 6th, 2019 at 11:47 am
Here are carefully compiled names of 8 best file recovery software that is compatible with Mac & Pc for the recovery of files that you felt are gone forever. These tools can recover files from storage devices such as hard drive, USB or SD Card.
Luckily, they all can be used for free. The beauty of this is that this software will still work even after formatting the storage device. It will also recover files that have been deleted from your recycle bin. This software is very easy to use and they all have the free version(If you want more features you can buy the program)
Precautions Before Trying to Recover any Deleted Files with any Data Recovery Software
- First off, the drive should be recognized by the computer. even if you can’t see the drive in your windows explorer. A good recovery software will most likely detect it.
- Secondly, make sure that any software that you are using will work WITH any USB storage devices including your external and or internal Phone SD card. However, if you have an external sd card slot in your phone, try and remove the sd card and insert it into an SD card reader before attaching it to your computer.
- When you download the app, make sure you download and install it directly to a flash drive or some drive other than the one with the missing file(s) on it.
- Extract the portable version of the file recovery tool you chose. Portable programs usually come in ZIP format which Windows natively supports. In other words, download the compressed version as against the .exe. If you downloaded it to a flash drive, extracting it right there onto the flash drive is great. If you had no choice but to use your hard drive, extract it there.
- Use the file recovery tool to scan for files that can be recovered, a process that could take a few seconds to several minutes or longer depending on how large the drive is. This typically involves choosing the drive you want to scan for deleted files on and then tapping or clicking a Scan button.
- While you hopefully found the file you needed to recover in this list, it’s possible you didn’t. Files Not 100% Recoverable? You, however, have a chance of like 80% which is a good thing compared to when you allow everything to get lost just like that
- The Recycle Bin should be the first place you look to recover deleted files.
- You do not need to have a data recovery software program installed before you delete the file. In my own experience, I never had the recovery software before losing all my files in one big crash
Tips for Preparing your Storage Drive(s) for the Recovery Process.
- Stop using your computer! Aside from the specific tasks I outline during the rest of this tutorial, the smartest thing you can do is to stop writing data to the drive that contained the deleted file.
- In the actual sense, files that are deleted are actually just hidden. The only way the file you want to recover will disappears completely is if the same physical space it occupied on the drive is overwritten. So… don’t do anything that might cause that to happen
- Restore the deleted files from the Recycle Bin. You’ve probably already looked in the Recycle Bin, but if not, do so now. If you’re lucky enough to have not emptied it since you deleted the file, it might be here and in perfect working order.
- In addition, Download a free file recovery program and use it to search for and recover your deleted files. If the files you’re looking for have already been emptied from the Recycle Bin, a file recovery tool can help.
- easeUS, stellar & Recuva are some of the best data recovery software.