All android users(especially those using mid-range/low-end android phones) will agree with me that one enviable feature of apple iPhones is that it tends to be smoother than android with the same configuration. If you however own a top-of-the-kine such as galaxy s10 and newer, the issue of freezing has reduced considerably. in this post, I shall be sharing with you 5 switches that cause android phones to freeze.
This will be useful for all android devices users regardless of the device/brand of configuration. You will definitely notice a huge difference in how your phone responds. “Does your phone freeze?” This is a common topic. When the phone freezes, the rich guys simply buy a new one with a higher configuration. Sadly, in most cases, the poor simply choose to endure it. Maybe this is the reality
However, there are also reasons why the phone freezes, not to mention the different operating mechanisms of Apple phones and Android phones. The configuration, memory, and battery problems of the phone itself will all have an impact on the “stagnation”.
So, what should we, who are not wealthy do to alleviate the problem of mobile phone freezes?
5 Switches That Cause Android Phones to freeze or Lag and How To Turn Them Off
Next, I will share with you how to turn off the 5 switches on the phone to reduce high system resources consumption and release more memory. Please take the call (take Huawei mobile phone as an example)~
1. Turn off Automatic Updates of Application Software
Basically, this is the first action I take whenever I am setting up any android device. It saves me on two fronts. 1. it saves me data(since I run on limited) data bandwidth and, 2. It makes my phone run faster generally.
1. Open the google play store app on the mobile phone and click on the icon indicating your google account at the top-right corner of the page. See the image below:
2. Then scroll down and click on “settings“>>”Network preferences”>>Auto-update apps.
3. Select the “Don’t auto-update apps” option. to close its function.
2. Disable/Turn off Apps that Start Automatically after Booting
Some apps don’t need to start up automatically or run in the background. To prevent them from doing this, simply disable them under the app manager. see the image below:
1. Open the mobile phone [Settings], and then click [Apps]
2. At this time, you can see many applications, we can close the applications that do not need to be started automatically. To do this, click on the app that you want to block and select “disable“
3. Turn off Unnecessary Push Notification
Personally, I only enable push notifications for three apps on my android phone. They are; Whatsapp, official email, and telegram I practically disable push notifications for everything else including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. It is convenient for me to manually open these apps and refresh them to get updates than leaving them on to freeze my device.
1. To disable push not. for individual apps, Open the phone settings, in the same way, then click on or search for “Notification“, under Notification, find more, and click to show all your apps.
2. Then click the button on the right to turn off the notification push function of the corresponding application. See the image below for reference:
4. Close Apps Running in the Background
1. Open the mobile phone [Settings], and then click [Apps and Services]-[App Start Management].
2. Close applications that are not running in the background. At this time, a small window will pop up at the bottom, just turn off the button of [Allow background activities]. On Samsung Galaxy phones, you can do this under settings>>apps>>open the app you want to prevent from running in the background>>scroll down to battery>>click>>toggle the “allow background activity switch” to off. see the image above
5. Turn off Automatic Data Synchronization to Cloud Drive/Storage
1. Open the [File Management] of the mobile phone, and click on the drive you want to manage. Sign in and untick files you don’t want to back up on the cloud automatically. in the bottom navigation.
2. Click [Cloud Space] to see which applications have this function enabled, just turn off the button.
The Tips provided here would not only help reduce how frequently your phone hangs, it will also prolong the amount of battery life you use on a single charge