This post was most recently updated on June 17th, 2019
This test is conducted on 4 flagship phones namely: OnePlus 7 Pro, Samsung S10+, Samsung Note9, iPhoneXSMax. The first two were released this year, and the last two were released last year. This test is about 4 flagship phones battery life/runtime. Call it a battery endurance test on the four mobile phones. Do you want to see how big the gap in battery life is?
Criteria for Testing the 4 Flagship Phones Battery life
- First off, we turn off the 4G network
- Next, turn on WIFI, then turn off all the software in the background.
- Adjust the screen to the brightest.
- We now run the test software such as games, videos, camera video recording.
- During the test, Samsung Note9 and iPhoneXSMax were the first to run out of battery power. This is followed by OnePlus 7 Pro mobile phone, and lastly, is the Samsung S10+. Noteworthy, the battery capacity of these four mobile phones is different.
Rating/Analysis of the Battery life test of the four Mobile Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ with 4100 mAh battery capacity has a battery life of 15 hours 55 minutes on a single charge. It ranks first
- Coming closely in the second position is One plus mobile phone 7Pro. It has a battery capacity of 4000 mAh and it lasted 15 hours and 40 minutes.
- The 3rd position goes to Samsung Note9. It has a battery capacity of 4000 mAh, battery life is 15 hours and 27 minutes.
- Finally, we have iPhoneXSMax, battery capacity: 3174 mAh. Battery life: 13 hours and 50 minutes, ranked fourth.
Note: This result may be depended on the ambient temperature of your region. If you get anything lesser than the above result, you should know that it is caused by the environmental temperature or a defective device.
4 flagship phones battery Runtime Test Result
Summarily, from the results of these four mobile phone battery life test results, Samsung S10+ ranked first but its battery capacity is also the largest. However, the Snapdragon 855 does not seem to have much improvement in terms of low power consumption compared to the Snapdragon 845. This can be seen from the difference in battery life between the three Android phones.
One plus 7 Pro ranked second although the battery capacity is the same as Samsung Note9. This is due partly to the use of 90Hz OLED screen. We can also say it has good software and hardware optimization. OnePlus 7 Pro came behind the first-placed s10+ with 15 minutes, and it led the third-place Samsung Note 9 by 13 minutes. As you can see, the gap is not very big.
There is a wide gap between the battery life of Samsung Note 9 and the fourth-placed iPhone xs max. Admittedly, the difference in battery capacity is more than 800 mAh, but the battery life difference is one and a half hours, which shows that Apple’s mobile phone life is still a pain. It is not easy to catch up with Android phones.