This post was last updated on May 7th, 2020 at 04:19 am
Maybe you may have been coming across some custom themes on of your friends or colleagues Nokia java phones. And you kept asking your self this question, did this theme come as default? or did he or she download it? how come he or she uses her own picture in the theme background? Well, I am here to help you own your own custom theme. In fact, you would be able to create yours after reading this my post on 3 methods of creating custom themes on s40 Nokia phones.
3 Methods of Creating Custom Themes on s40 Nokia Phones Manually
If you have a Nokia java phone and you wish to customize a theme for it, then you are in the right place as this article will take you through 3 Major ways of doing the same.
- A Nokia s40 java phone
- A good theme with .nth extension(very necessary)
- winrar.exe on your computer (if you are doing this on PC)
- Blueftp on your phone(if you want to edit with phone)
- A computer (if you want to create on PC)
- Internet connection(if you want to create online)
- Download Blueftp here: HERE
- And download WinRAR here if you don’t have it already.
How to Create Custom S40 .nth Themes on PC
Note that Nokia S40 Phones support the “nth” type of theme. You can create your own theme without any
Steps to create the Theme:
- Copy any theme from your mobile to the computer.
- Rename your theme and change its extension to “.rar” [Example: “lemmysquatting.nth” to “lemmysquatting.rar“] Now right-click on the renamed file and extract its content to an empty folder.
- Now, check which image is used for what purpose [check the theme on mobile].
- Next, replace the images and ringtones that you want to use in your theme with your favorite
images and ringtones. make sure you don’t change the name of the image or sound.[rename
your images to the same same as the existing image in the theme do the same for ringtones too].
- Basically, the folder contains all the info of the theme as it is. only the content has changed not the name. so the file named theme descriptor will take the new files for your theme.
- Now, Now right-click anywhere in the folder’s empty space and select the option “Add to
lemmysquatting.rar”. Once you do this, you will have a lemmysquatting.rar in the same folder.
- Finally, rename the file to “watertheme.nth” from “lemmysquatting.rar“.
- You’re Done. copy the theme to your phone and test it…!!
How to Create/Modify a Theme for S40 With BLUEFTP:
For this, you will need software installed in your Nokia s40 mobile And the name of this application is Blue FTP..download it from the link above.
NOW THE STEPS:
- Firstly, you have to change the extension of an existing theme from ‘.nth’ to ‘.zip’ using blueFTP.
- extract the contents of ‘.zip’ renamed file to an empty folder using BLUEFTP
- Now, open the folder where you extracted the files, in your phone gallery. There will be certain image files that appeared in the old theme. Delete the ones which you want to edit and instead paste there your desired images with the same name and extension of the file which you deleted <Note: you can rename to your desired file using Blue FTP>….plz don’t edit other system files.!
- Now, using BlueFTP, repack (COMPRESS) the contents of the whole folder after suitable editing, by clicking on ‘compress file (.nth)’ in blueFTP menu.
- Your own new theme is created…generated ‘.nth’ the file is the desired theme…!!name it according to your wish…
It is advisable not to rename the file in the whole process. Change only the extension and not the name…you can rename it after completion.
METHOD 3 CREATE A THEME FOR NOKIA S40 & SONYERICSSON JAVA PHONES ONLINE:
Simply visit ownskin.com with your pc or m.ownskin.com using mobile.
Leave a Reply