As I have often said countless times, No single satellite tv provider has the monopoly of rights to all sports contents within a region/continents. What the giants in the game do is to simply acquire the rights to the most watched sporting events globally. Away from this long sermon, what I am saying, in essence, is that DStv multichoice Africa currently has no rights to officially broadcast the carabao(formerly carling) cup. Today’s article is about the Updated carabao cup EFL FTA channels.
In addition to the above information, I can tell you with a high degree of confidence that DStv will not broadcast or rebroadcast the EFL because they do not have the rights. Also, since they are one of the forerunners in the fight against piracy, they there not get involved in it by showing it illegally. If they try it, they will face litigations and they will lose more than they gain.
Especially relevant: DStv competitors in sub-Saharan Africa as far as sports contents is concern
Updated carabao cup EFL FTA channels in Africa with their frequencies and symbol rates
The following channels broadcasted the Carabao Capital one cup (England) Semifinals 1st Leg matches that were played yesterday the 9th of January, 2018. From all indications, they will also telecast that of tonight
- Kwese free sports by kwese TV on the following positions: Astra2a/b 28e(multitv position used to be FTA). It is also available on intelsat20 68.5 East, bilinterasat @51.5 east c band, Eutelsat 7A @7e Ku band, 10E, 22W kwese viasat(freq 3726 h 1000 used to be free), Intelsat 22 @72.1east and Eutelsat 16 A16eask where we have boom TV. Kwese free sports is either free or opens with a Bisskey on the above positions. For the Biss keys, you can either use a biss auto roll decoder or google the keys
- Hotbird 13e free or with a cccam
- Mcot HD/family TV on Thaicom5 satellite @78.5E TP 3521 H 28125. Mcot is c band and you need 2.4 meter dish or larger. Mcot also opens with bisskeys or biss decoders
- Sport 1 on Eutelsat10A satellite @10E TP 3870 V 1000
- Thaicom 5 (78.5°E) MCOT SD 3920 H 30000 (MPEG4/$)
- You can also try it on OLE TFM, at the New mytv position OLE TFM on 16e on the stated frequency 12562H30000
- Sportstv3 on Hispasat 30w
- Finally, nothing does it better than IPTV ready devices both with premium or free service accounts
HISPASAT 30W DETAILS ABOUT MISSING CHANNELS
It is no longer news that some channels are missing on Hispasat. Well, I am happy to tell you that you can still watch live soccer including EPL, laliga, carling cup and other sports events on HISPASAT. However, you are now short of options as the sports channels showing multiple matches have all gone. They are now on a yet to be disclosed destination. I present to you the breakdown of what is left on hispasat with regards to sports
still present and working are: Sports TV1 toSports TV4 on is 12361H27500.
Not working ones is M.FutBol, Bein Laliga 12380V27500. Bein max1 – Bein max8, Bein sports & LaligaTV Bar are 11931V27500 & 12303V27500, M. MOTOGP and BarcaTV 12226V27500, 11731V27500. MultiDep. 5 TV 12303V27500. etc.
Brief on Sony Intelsat 17 at 66.0°E, Intelsat 20 at 68.5°E and Sports 24 HD east and west
This is by way of clarification. Some of my readers are complaining that they have lost signal on their sports 24 using some strong decoders. The list of the decoders includes 4950, 4955. I want to tell you here that sports 24 HD is still on 34.5w and 57e. What actually happened was that they reduced their beam.
However, if you blindscan and your signal remain off, please tweak your LNBf. The same thing applies to Sony 68.5e