If you want to test the latest Android firmware dubbed 4.3 on your samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G, then this is the tutorial for you. So, let’s check out on how you can apply this firmware in your Galaxy S2 GT I9100G smartphone. Please be informed that this firmware can only be applied on the i9100G variant of Galaxy S2.
Users of Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G will be delighted to know that their smartphone can now be upgraded to the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean but not officially. The developers of CM1O custom ROMS, recently released Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based CM10. By installing CM10 ROM it means you have upgraded your Galaxy S2 I9100G to the very latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware.
Disclaimer & Warning!
It is strongly advised that you use this tutorial only for Samsung Galaxy GT-I9100G. Trying using this tutorial in any other Android device May result in unpleasant outcomes of which am not liable. So before you proceed, Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions here to the last letter in this tutorial
Pre Requisites and Requirements before Updating a custom firmware or an official firmware:
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
For SMS & Call Log – Use SMS Backup & Restore App downloadable from google play store
For Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup under call settings.
For Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card or to your computer.
For APN and MMS Settings – Write down the APN from the path from “Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power.
- You already have USB Driver Installed for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G in your PC
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 with Jellybean 4.3 Android OS:
- Download Jellybean 4.3 Android OS and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your computer.
- Disconnect the device and open the ROM MANAGER app in your Samsung Galaxy S2 to enter the device in the recovery mode. If the device refuses to enter into the recovery mode, then you need to install the custom Recovery image from the ROM Manager itself. Alternatively, you can also enter the device into the recovery mode by turning Off and then by pressing the Volume Up + Power button.
- Once your device is entered in the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and then the firmware file which you have placed in your phone followed by the Google Apps Package. Once you have selected the file, it will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update.