Android rooting, iPhone Jailbreaking and windows phone unlocking are all describing the same processes on phones running different operating systems. For iPhone users, we call it “jailbreaking”, for android users, it is called “rooting”, while for Microsoft windows phone users, they call it “unlocking”. All of these point to one process; You want to have more freedom and control over your phone. On a personal note, I always root my iPhone so that I can install a Bluetooth app on it. For windows, you can unlock it so that you can sideload apps, use Bluetooth and so on. As for android, (even though it is an open source, you will gain more freedom over your phone when you root it). E.g, I can stop unnecessary ads, I can uninstall default apps and so on if I root my droid. Other advantages of rooting android includes: Be Master of your Android device, Track Your Android Device, Add External Storage, Automate Everything, Make Complete Backups of Your Android Phone or Tablet, Boost your Android Device’s Speed and Battery Life, Boost your Android Device’s Speed and Battery Life, Keep Latest Android OS, Install Incompatible Apps,Installing Custom ROMs; one of the benefits of rooting Android device that our users provide is flashing a custom rom
CONSTRAINTS TO ROOTING / JAILBREAKING A SMARTPHONE
We have both user’s constraint and manufacturer’s constraints. If a user weighs up the little risk and inconveniences of rooting or jailbreaking a phone, such user might not go ahead with it. If you are a call and chatting kind of user, you may not be interested in jailbreaking. By and large, the benefits of rooting or jailbreaking outweighs its constraints. Some of the constraints are: 1. you can void your warranty when your manufacturers discover a root on your device(latest Samsung phones with their knox patch makes it difficult to unroot a new Samsung phone. once you root a Samsung 56,s7 and newer, you immediately lose your warranty because you must have triggered the Knox). As for other phones, once you root and you want a warranty claim, just unroot and you are good to go. The same also applies to an apple device, you can flash the stock firmware back into the device prior to your launching a warranty claim. 2. You may soft-brick your device if you perform the rooting process badly, you may install incompatible apps that might cause problems for your device. To avoid any problems happening to your device, please know what you are doing.
HOW TO JAILBREAK ALL APPLE iOS Devices-past and present
Preparing your iPhone for the Jailbreak
It is imperative that you prepare your iphone for the jailbreak ever before yu venture into it. You need the following requirements and prerequistes
- Know you iPhone’s model by visiting this apple support site
- Navigate to settings>>general>>about on your iPhone then note down the following in case of problems: version is same as the OS version, model, serial number, imei, modem firmware. God forbid, you might need some of these in a worst case scenerio when trying to revive your phoen in case you get ito trouble.
- Now it is time for you to find out if your own version of iOS cn be jailbroken. This is the trick, visit only trusted sites known for publishing valid information about iPhone tweaks. some of this sites, you should bookmark and subscribe to their email newsletters. Some of this useful sites are: idownloadblog,RedmondPie, LifeHacker and so on.
- Alternativey, you can perform a google search as follows and without the quotes “How to jailbreak iPhone 7 on iOS 10.0.2” mind you, jailbreaking of iOS is largely dependent on the phone’s OS version and not on the model.
- Follow the instructions carefully and remeber that not all iPhones runiing on os 10 ca get a jailbreak currently. jAILBREAKING AN APPLE iDEVICE IS A MATTER OF PROMPTNESS AND QUICK REACTIONS. JAILBREAK IS 100% LEGAL THE WORLD OVER BUT IT CAN VOID YOUR WARRANTY. THEREFORE, REVERT TO YOUR STOCK FIRMWARE BEFORE GOING TO APPLE FOR WARRANTY CLAIMS.
HOW TO ROOT ALL ANDROID PHONES
It is much easier to root android phones compared to their iPhone counterpart. However, recent Samsung phones starting from galaxy s6 is proving to be a torn in the flesh with its security on rooted phones.
To root most Samsung phones you’ll need to use a program called Odin. It’s a low-level firmware flashing tool that can push image files to the storage and overwrite existing images. You’ll also need the correct USB drivers for Windows computers. If you’re using a Mac computer or running Linux, the software that flashes images is called Heimdall. They both work essentially the same and carry the same risks — if you try and flash the wrong image or a bad image, your phone isn’t going to be able to start. While this is often recoverable, know that there is always a chance you can ruin your phone or tablet, and your warranty is voided as soon as you begin.
Also, many Samsung phones ship with Knox security enabled. Knox is part of Samsung’s special “Samsung Approved For Enterprise” feature where personal and work environments can be separated in a way that allows both to coexist on the same device.
PREPARING TO ROOT ANY BRANDNAME ANDROID PHONE
By brandname, i mean those long old, established phone manufacturers like samsung, htc, sony, lg huawei and so on.
As easy as it is to root an andrid phone, one needs to be careful as one wrong step, and you can ruin your beloved phone. you need the following prerequisites before you root your phone:
- Depending on which phone you have, unlocking the bootloader is slightly different. The “standard” way is by using the OEM unlock command we have many comprehensive articles on the internet that explain this. If you’re using a Motorola, HTC or LG phone (as well as other brands like Huawei or Sony) you’ll likely need to get a token you enter during the process. You’ll find how to do that and who to get it from at each vendors developer pages. Remember that unlocking the bootloader on your Android may affect the warranty status.
- If your phone do not require unlocking the bootloader, you can proceed to the rooting process
- To root any brand name android phone, you need to check your android phones settings>>about device note the model number(e.g, samsung galaxy s7 edge is sm-g935f) the exact model of the phone is the most important fact in finding a compatible root for your phone. In other to prepare yourself ahead of any mishap, you may also try to note the following under device software information(android version, baseband version, kernel version, and build number) the latter will help you locate the right software if you brick your phone during the rooting process.
- Now to get what you need to root your brand name android. open google search and type the followings(I will use Samsung s7 edge as my example) without the quotes “easy root for Samsung galaxy s7 edge SM-G935F”. Always follow a reputable website on the google search engine results. sites like xdadevelopersforum, androidcentral and so on
HOW TO JAILBREAK OR UNLOCK A WINDOWS PHONE-LUMIA OR MICROSOFT
Hitherto, adventrous users like me run away from windows mobile phones becaue of its close nature without the option of easy unlocking in other to sideload apps.
Jailbreaking a device it is important to be careful and back up all existing data on your smartphone and to be very careful. In this article, we are going to show you a simple method to jailbreak Windows phone.
There are a lot of different methods to jailbreak Windows Phone but the link am about to drop here has the easiest method. This method is applicable to smartphones running Microsoft Windows 8, 8.1, or 10. Read the full guide here
HOW TO ROOT OTHER ANDROID PHONES
Rooting other androids especially those that are mtk based phones like tecno, infinix, InnJoo, Tecno, Gionee, Infinix is very easy with kingoroot app,
Vroot, srs root, rootgenius, you can read this article on how to root any android mtk devices with a one-click software.
As explained above, to jailbreak an iPhone, you need to be very alert as to know when the utility is being released. To jailbreak an android, be careful, to jailbreak any mtk based android devices is very easy while windows phones have also joined the league. Apparently, you will gain more than you lose by jailbreaking you phones as it affords you unlimited access to the expensive device you just acquired.