When we talk about powervu, we are talking about a technique used in encrypting certain channels. It is a CAS like dstv channels, canalplus channels, beinsports channels. Just like dstv channels is encrypted by irdeto, canaplus viacess and so on. Similarly, some powerv channels are encypted using powervu keys. Such channels are: mtn worldwide on nss 12 57e cband or Nss 22w cband., We also have other channels in latin America and asia. Channels that are protected by powervu keys are called “Powervu channels”. You can view these channels in three ways
- By buying a powervu official decoder(Not available for sale in Africa Market) learn more here for examples of official powervu decoders
- by Using a full auto roll decoder to open the channels (this is currently the most popular mean in Africa and Asia). Example of such decoders are GSky, Alpha box and so on. those some require internet key updates.
- 3. You can search for and manually input powervu keys for specific powervu channels using some decoders that can only use manual powervu keys.. example of such decoders is strong 4922, qsat q13g. It is worthy of note that some advanced decoder can do full manual powervu and full auto roll function such as Gsky v6. Some are auto roll via internet update as well as manual keys e.g q28g and q26g.
WHAT DO I NEED IN OTHER TO TRACK AND RECEIVE THE LEAST RECEIVABLE POWERVU CHANNELS IN AFRICA
Without trying to scare anybody, i want to let you know that powervu channels especially the ones popular in Africa( I mean mtn worldwide and sony packages) are extremely trick to nail. You may spend months without getting it even with a 3 meter dish if you are doing at least one thing wrong. This artciel will be a guide to what you should and should not do if you want to track mtn worldwide and sony easily in africa. Below are what you need to get on ground before attempting to track the aforementioned channels:
- You need to buy a big dish minimum of 1meter(1 meter is the same as 100cm which is bigger than dstv dish which is 90cm). If you have a 1 meter dish, it is a necessity that you must also buy a sat accessory known as conical scalar ring in other to boost the signal. If you will rather scan your channels without a conical scalar ring, then you must use at least a 1.3meter(130cm) dish.
- Once you have acquired a dish that is big enough for your purpose, you need to buy “An Original Cband LNB” If you fail to acquire an original cband lnb, you will not be able to get the signal. You may manage to get the channels but the signal will be failing. Another factor that affect lnb is “proximity to a Gsm mast” If your location is too close to A Gsm network mast, you may not get signal in that particular area due to the interference from the mast. There is a special lnb that resist this interference from the mast. If you need original Cband lnb, you can contact me for one. Nobody bought all these things through me and have any regrets.
- The last but not the least important factor affecting tracking of mtn worldwide / sony or similar powervu package is the availability of a professioal satellite installer who is versed with cband installations and big dish manipulation. If possible, ask only an isntaller who have had success stories tracking these channels to help you do yours.
TRICKS TO TRACKING MTN WORLDWIDE OR SONY PACKAGE SUCCESSFULLY
- Use only the position that you can receive easily. For example in Uganda, it is easier getting mtn worldwide on NSS 12 57E CBAND. However, in west Africa and most other African countries, you will get mtn worldwide more easily on Nss 20w/ 22W(The frequency is: 04129 (H) 15406) cband. Similarly for sony package; for the whole of afica, only san sony package on Intelsat 20 68.5E Cband(the frequency is: 3900 H 22222 ). Do not scan it on Intelsat 906 64.2E you wont get what you want if you do.
- If you want to track mtn worldwide as a newbie, first track canaplus channels on 22w Kuband using a ku lnb once you get this, remove the ku band lnb and replace it with cband lnb the rock it a bit up or down till you get the signal. There is this important Notice: Do not think you must hit green before your worldwide or Sony channels comes up. For example, in my case with a scalar ring using 1 meter dish, i got a maximum signal of 50% / 49%(we all know 49% is red) In spite of this, i got all the 13 mtn worldwide channels without skipping. At night the signal will drop to like 39% yet the channels will not skip or freeze. I know of a friend in Lagos who is currently watching mtn with 30% signal quality. The bottom line, go to the maximum signal in your area, but also remember that if below 50% is what you can come up with, you can still enjoy mtn worldwide. As for Sony package, it is even more tricky to get when you are doing things wrong. The rule of the thumb for sony is that ” Track former mytv channels on intelsat 68.5e ku band, if you can get it, you have 90% chance of getting sony package on intelsat 68.5e cband. If you cannot get mytv channels, you have 5% chance of getting sony package.
Powervu channels are smooth and seamless, but you ust do the right things and make the right decisions in other to enjoy them. for inquiries and consultation on what to purchase for powervu, fell free to send me an email on “info @ lemmymorgan.com“