Many of my followers / readers know my style, i give authentic information but am not always too forward about dishing out the information though the sources of all my info are authentic. The reason why am always initially reserved before giving out information is to wait and see how event unfolds. my previous post where i uploaded the latest final stable V5 software for qsat q11g, q13g and q15g was met with a mix reaction. I was so amazed and shocked at the way some people queried and commented on that article some go as far as saying that i caused their decoder to stop working with the software i provided. Well i kept my cool for only one reason; as at the time i released those software, qsat server was so bad that even the software upgrade didn’t help any issue.
In similar fashion, am using this medium to tell you my esteemed readers the support i give on azsky products when compared to qsat is ration 100:70%. With azsky, i have all my questions answered promptly and solutions provided almost immediately. I remembered when azsky was freezing so badly, i attacked their staff under the hood and today am so happy to tell you that azsky can now work for hours without freezing they have improved on the number of channels too. As for qsat, i will have to wait for them to contact me with any new development before i can pass it across to you.
LATEST INFO ABOUT QSAT DECODER AND SOFTWARE UPGRADE
Info from a very very reliable source claims that starting from today 9th- January- 2014, all qsat still running on any software earlier than the V5 which i uploaded in my previous post will experience service denial. To simplify this, if you have not upgraed yur qsat to the latest software which is V5, your qsat may stop opening scrambled channels and will not open them until you upgrade to the latest firmware. This leads us to our next question;
HOW TO SAFELY UPGRADE QSAT TO V5 SOFTWARE
In my post here i said a lot about what you need to be conversant with be form you attempt to upgarade your qsat or any decoder via usb device. Let me quickly go over them again;
- You should know that you are responsible for your own action
- You should note that on no account should there be power failure while you are in the midst of upgrading your qsat (Your generator must be stable or your electricity must not go off if you damage your decoder while upgrading, it means you will have to wait until qsat releases a pc loader before u can wake it up)
- You should not use a partly damaged usb device or a usb infected with virus(i will advise you format the usb drive before use)
- You must read the upgrade steps here so that you can now how to upgrade
- Download v5 software for qsat q11g here
- Download V5 software for qsat q13g here
- You must have at least two internet connection type useable on qsat. For example i have all the four connection that qsat uses; i have Lan internet via router, wifi connection via my wifi adapter, GPRS via my mtn, glo, etisalat or airtel sim and finally 3g network via my hacked Huawei 3g modem. you should have at least 3g modem and also make sure you have at least two sim card that can be used with your qsat.
- Once you meet the above requirements, then upgrade your decoder via usb after upgrade you may have the following challenges;
SOLUTIONS TO ERRORS ENCOUNTERED AFTER SUCCESSFULLY UPGRADING MY QSAT TO V5
All other things being equal, upgrading your qsat will reset your decoder to factory default. In other words, you will have no channels, your xcam setup will be hidden, your two adult channels will be hidden and last but not the least, your connection will be reset to lan internet. The consequences of these are; you will have to scan for your channels, you will have to re-enable your xcam setup menu by dialing the password 1512 under setting, you will have to reveal your adult channel by pressing PLAY +1513 on your remote under multemidia and lastly if you use other connection apart from lan internet, then you must manually change to that connection under Setting>>ethernet config>>link type. oncd you perform all these after the upgrade, simply reboot your decoder.
1. I have done the right settings, and am trying to reactivate my avatarcam code by pressing the green button, but i keep on getting “cannot get account, try again later” . This is the most common error after upgrade. The solution is has follows, The most potent solution is for you to use a router or wifi to do the first activation of your qsat after upgrade, Alternatively, if you are using a sim card to activate the account, please put the Sim inside a 3g modem and try again. Better still change the sim you are using or take your decoder to a location where you know data network signal is strong, after the initial activation, everything will be cool.Always reboot your decoder after applying settings.
2. How can i rescan channels on my qsat decoder: to rescan your channels, goto installation>>password is 0000>>Antenna Setting>>Change Satellite to Eutelsat 36A, 36/ 036.0E>>press blue button on your remoe to start scanning>>another window will pop up change scan type from manual to Blind scan>>press enter and wait till everything completes.
3. Help After Upgrade my xcam setup is missing: It is not missing, it is being hidden, to reveal it press>menu>>setting>> 1512
4. Help I want to use GPRS network not Lan Internet: on your remote press Menu>>Ethernet Config>>Under link type choose GPRS Network>>then Select Config>>Under GPRS Network Window>Area>>Select your country>>Operator>>select your provide>>>Mark auto link and reboot your decoder
5. I want to use a compatible 3g Modem with qsat help: To do this, press Menu>>Setting>>Ethernet Config (Link type = 3G), Scroll down and select config the from all the options, only mark the check box named Auto link then reboot your decoder
6. I want to use wifi internet: Read the article here and apply the methods.
7. How can i check my firmware version on qsat: Menu>>Setting>>System>>Version
8. When trying to activate my avatarcode, i got “STB cannot get the right code“: please change your sim card immediately, this error sometimes occur with glo nigeria sim card
8. when trying to activate my avatarcam code i got the following error “wrong activation code” and my decoder has never been used before: Solution, please press the red button before pressing the green button
9. How can i reveal my avatarcam code, i want to write it somewhere: Menu>>xcam setup>>avatarcam HD>>green button
10. I get “no active network and cannot connect to server when truing to activate my avatar code on qsat : the two errors are interrelated, please get a better internet connection.
11. How can i manually shutdown internet on qsat>> If you don’t want to turn off your decoder and your don’t want your qsat to continue consuming your data bundle in your absence, simply complete the followings: Menu>>settings>>ethernet config >>config>>blue button
12. Under iptv and adult channel, i always get Xml parse error while trying to watch: please change your connection type to wifi, 3g or lan internet, put differently gprs network cannot stream iptv on qat same way gprs nwtwork cannot watch YouTube video.T he above tweak fix all messages related to iptv error messages