I know many people would have been expecting this from me, well as much as i apologize that its coming a bit late, I assure ll my fans that you are about to get a revelation about the aforementioned decoder that you cannot get anywhere else. For a start i have been studying this receiver for the past three and a half months and am about to share with you all you need to know about Qsat. As at the time of writing this, we now have qsat g16 and g13. G16 is the one with a very ugly and heavy built and an antenna while g13 is light and without antenna, both have their pro and cons but time will not permit me to talk about this.
1. Accounts embeded, all channels free for 1 year:
35.9°E : more than 200 DST* programs
2. IKS through GPRS(need no external dongle) and 3G networking,support USB WIFI.
3. Support cccam,newcam,avatarcam
² Fully DVB-S2/MPEG-4/H.264 Decoder.
² 8000 channels memory space (TV + Radio)
² supports DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/1.2 and USALS
² Selectable output for 1080P,1080i,720P and 576P format
² Support EPG,display present / next TV program / 7 days EPG
² Support up to DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/1.2 & USALS²
² USB multimedia files playback & PVR
² Internet Key Sharing(IKS) through Cell phone network
² Compatible work with all GPRS mobile system
² Plug and play SIM card support, phone@date time, TV@night time
² Fast Key update and channel change speed;
GOOD SIDE OF QSAT:
2 The decoder is one of the most stable iks decoder currently opening Dst* channels
3. you can utilize its inbulit account by pluging in your diret usb 3g modem
4. It supports external dongles, though its not required(the external dongle sometimes hangs on the decoder)
5. It come pre-loaded with two hidden adult channels “youporn and redtube”
6. It has other internet tv and iptv embedded.
THE BAD SIDE OF QSAT:
- I personally spoke with one of their sales representative on the future prospectt of qsat in Africa, most especially, if they are going to offer software support and account renewal after the inbuilt account must have expired. and i got the following reply “All we want for now is to sell as many qsat products as possible, the manufacturers can not say if they will renew accounts or not in the future” this statement is capable of many interpretations which i will leave for you to decide.
- Qsat generally consumes more of your airtime when used with a pay as you go sim card than any other dongle i have ever used. Please use a data bundle or your modem
- If you can only boast of an edge network in your area (esp MTN Nigeria edge) you will suffer in the hands of qsat if you use a direct sim card
- less features and options under satellite menu.
THE UGLY SIDE OF QSAT:
The design of the recommend model of qsat which is the g16 has the ugliest build i have every gazed upon in years.
The graphical user interface as a whole is also a let down with obscure EPG function.
SOME TIPS AND TWEAKS FOR YOUR CONSUMPTION:
- If you buy it new, insert an active sim ever before you power on the decoder
- If and only if your qsat stop working before its expiry time, navigate to Menu>>setting>>Xcam setup>>AvatarcamHD>>press the green button to reactivate your code
- If you want to check your expiry date: Menu>>setting>>Xcam setup>>AvatarcamHD>>press the red button
- to enable the two adult channels In the menu>>MultiMedia→Network while you are here, quickly press play + 1513 on your remote
- If your Xcam setup is missing navigate to menu>>Setting>> press OK button then enter password “1512″
MY FINAL NOTE:
It is not in me to force products on anybody, but you are to decide on your own based on your income. Besides i have written a comprehensive guide on how to choose rationally. This article is more of an information or enlightenment not a campaign or propaganda.