Iptv is in the middle of the two extremes. We have dongles(powered by iks or sks accounts on one side and Free to air channels on the other side. Iptv is in between because, unlike dongles which is 100% unofficial and illegal, iptv is not 100% illegal. Similarly, unlike fta channels that are 100% free and legitimate, iptv is not 100% illegal. Today’s article will open your eyes and expose you to things about iptv. As we know, the law is about proofing a case beyond reasonable doubts. This is why some criminals may be discharged and acquitted while some innocent people could be jailed under the law. The questions that now beg for answers are as follows:
- What is IPTV
- By which other names are iptv called?
- Types of iptv channels
- How does iptv work
- What are legal iptv channels?
- What are illegal iptv channels?
- Can one be prosecuted for using illegal iptv
- Is kodi software illegal?
- are kod addons illegal?
- Which kodi add-ons are illegal?
- Which iptv solution is the most reliable and dependable?
- What types of media devices can run iptv?
ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS ONE AFTER THE OTHER
I was also of the erroneous belief that iptv is 100% legal. in fact, as far back as 2014, I wrote an article about iptv you can read it up here. Iptv has improved ever since then and we now have more of unofficial/ illegal iptv than the legal ones. Let me take this one after the other.
Internet Protocol television (IPTV) is the delivery of television content using signals based on the logical Internet protocol (IP), rather than through traditional terrestrial, satellite signal, and cable television formats.From a TV watcher’s point of view, IPTV is very simple: instead of receiving TV programs as broadcast signals that enter your home from a rooftop antenna, satellite dish, or fiber-optic cable, you get them streamed (downloaded and played almost simultaneously) through your Internet connection.By the definition above, iptv simply means a television via internet protocol.
- IPTV has the following nomenclatures: internet tv, video streaming, online video streaming, live video streaming, streaming piracy(new name by legal practitioners)
- TYPES OF IPTV: IPTV comes in three different flavours. The first kind—and the one you’re probably using already—is called video on demand (VOD). With a service such as Netflix (an online movie website), you select a TV program or movie you want to watch from a wide range, pay your money, and watch it there and then. A different kind of IPTV is being offered by some of the world’s more enterprising TV broadcasters. In the UK, the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) makes its last week’s programs available online using a web-based streaming video player called the BBC iPlayer. This kind of service is sometimes called time-shifted IPTV, because you’re watching ordinary, scheduled broadcasts at a time that’s convenient for you. The third kind of IPTV involves broadcasting live TV programs across the Internet as they’re being watched—so it’s live IPTV or IP simulcasting. All three forms of IPTV can work either using your computer and an ordinary web browser or (for much better quality) a set-top box and an ordinary digital TV. All three can be delivered either over the public Internet or through a managed, private network that works in essentially the same way (for example, from your telephone and Internet service provider to your home entirely through the provider’s network).In other words, youtube, netflix, kodi, bein iptv services, skysports iptv service and so on are all iptv.
- HOW DOES IPTV WORK? From the viewpoint of a broadcaster or telephone company, IPTV is somewhat more complex. You need a sophisticated storage system for all the videos you want to make available and a web-style interface that allows people to select the programs they want. Once a viewer has selected a program, you need to be able to encode the video file in a suitable format for streaming, encrypt it (encoding it so only people who’ve paid can decode and receive it), embed advertisements (especially if the program is free), and stream it across the Internet to anything from one person to (potentially) thousands or millions of people at a time. Furthermore, you have to figure out how to do this to provide a consistently high-quality picture (especially if you’re delivering advertising with your programming—because that’s what your paying advertisers will certainly expect).
- WHAT ARE LEGAL IPTV CHANNELS: This is a very tricky question to answer. However, any iptv service that is offered (terms and conditions apply) by the original owner of the contents are 100% legal. Secondly, any iptv channel that is open source and available without any restrictions are 100% legal. For example, youtube videos via youtube app are a form of 100% legal iptv. However, if you are downloading youtube videos by using a 3rd party app, then it becomes illegal. Similarly, Kodi as a software is 100 legal, official kodi add-ons that are available on kodi websites are 100% legal. However, the third party kodi add-ons can either be legal or be containing pirated contents.
- WHAT IPTV SOLUTIONS ARE ILLEGAL OR CALLED STREAMING PIRACY? A big shout out here to bein and my brothers in MENA. bein has a 100% legal premium iptv solutions for its subscribers. I hope multichoice follows suit sooner than later. To determine an illegal iptv content is extremely easy. 99.9% of people from Nigeria and most developing countries are guilty of using illegal iptv otherwise known as streaming piracy. Do you wonder while live sports iptv app is missing on all mobile phones marketplace?, have you ever wondered while only free video streaming software is available on Apple appstore, google play store, windows web store or blackberry appworld? The answer is simple: These people will not hosting anything that has to do with piracy. You may also wonder why kodi app is available for download on google play(the answer is because kodi in itslef is 100% legal but you are responsible for whatever you use kodi for) Many kodi add-ons are illegal especially the ones that show premium live sports events and that is why kodi disclaimed all third party apps. In summary, if you are watching ten sports, ote sports, bein or any channels by a known or registered satellite company via iptv without subscribing to such from the original owner, you are using an illegal/unofficial iptv.
- CAN A LITIGATION ARISE FOR USING IPTV ILLEGALLY? Unfortunately yes however the prosecution or litigation is directed towards those making money from illegal iptv solutions. For example if you are selling an account that is iptv that shows bein channels, while the person who bought it may escape litigation, you the seller may be in for it when caught. Just like a torrent file which when shared personally or secretly is safe, using kodi the way you like personally is legal. Obviously, bein or sky will not be happy that you are buying their services from other sources other than them.
- ARE ANDROID BOXES ILLEGAL? Android boxes are as legal as your android or iPhone mobile phone. However, you are responsible for what you do with your android tv box. However, a dealer selling android tv boxes and emphasising that it can open named live sports channels(that he doesn’t have the right to broadcast) might get himself into trouble. I have an android box, i use kodi but I have stopped marketing or promoting unofficial or 3rd party kodi add-ons or any other illegal iptv for that matter..
- Is KODI / XBMC THEN ILLEGAL? Kodi is like cydia installer on a jailbroken iOS device and it is 100% legal.
- ARE ALL KODI ADDONS ILLEGAL? Only some are illegal, some contain both legal and illegal contents while some contains 100% pirated contents. you have determine thsi by reaing my expalanations above
- WHICH IPTV IS THE MOST RELIABLE AND STABLE? The answe is , iptv obr=tained from the original content owners are stable, for the unofficial ones, ironically, kodi is the most stable and reliable because of its multitude of addons.
- WHAT DEIVCE CAN RUN IPTV? Some smart tv, android, iOS, windows computer, linus, unix, mac, windows mobile. However the most convemniet way of enjoying iptv is via an android set top box.