This post was most recently updated on December 14th, 2018
Data is live(not to only the educated) but to every youth and professionals. The usefulness of data to business and entertainment cannot be overemphasised. Sadly, many underdeveloped countries are lagging behind in this regard. Nigerian Networks Double Data is a possibility and that is what we will be discussing today
Many factors are mitigating the seamless uses of data in Africa. For the purpose of this write-up, our focus shall be on Nigeria. Some of the factors that are preventing us from enjoying internet data in Nigeria include an Erratic power supply, slow internet speed, high cost of an internet subscription. Fortunately, you can minimize this hardship with double data recharges and bonuses. In the course of this article, I shall be giving out tips on how to get double your data bundle or available bonuses on any GSM network in Nigeria.
Useful facts about double data and data bonus in Nigeria
Below is a list of well-research facts about data bonuses in Nigeria by the four major Nigerian networks.
- Even when this is not stated, most data promo run for between 3 and six months
- Anyone of the 4 ISPs network can trigger a double data promo: this is usually done to increase sales.
- It is almost impossible for a network to be running promo without others doing theirs in Nigeria. To put this more clearly, if MTN starts a promo today, trust me, within 30 days at least one of Glo,9Mobile or airtel will start theirs.
- There are terms and conditions which varies with the individual network. E.g, some give the data to only new customers, others reward all.
- Also, data bonus or double data is an initiative from the respective internet service providers. Every eligible customer can enjoy this as long as you meet the requirements.
- Some networks require you to renew your subscription before the due date before you get the double data. E.g 9Mobile & glo
- Finally, you must take an action like loading a specific data bundle before you receive the extra data. In other words, you can hardly receive such on an idle line.
Prerequisites for getting Nigerian Networks Double Data or Bonus
The next tips we are providing is on how to put yourself in a position to receive Nigerian Networks Double Data or bonuses. I will be sharing the tips that I having been using with outstanding success with you.
- First off, the data network of the company running the promo in view must be available in your location
- Secondly, you must search for the latest data bundle or promo before subscribing. Our Internet category and Nigerian network promo section would be of help. Moreover, you can visit their websites to see the latest news.
- Thirdly, do a comparative analysis of the various double data promotions by the various networks before settling for the most convenient. Currently, I am using airtel because i recently relocated and they happen to have the least frustrating terms on their double data offerings.
- Furthermore, read and understand all the terms and conditions before recharging your line. Your sim or device’s eligibility is key to you receiving the data. For instance, not everyone can receive MTN Deal zone offer while every subscriber can enjoy that of Airtel.
- When the data promos are dependent on a particular device. E.G Galaxy s10 6 months double promo simply means, if you don’t own a galaxy s10, you can’t receive this. The workaround for this is for you to borrow one in order to activate your sim for the promo, then return the phone to the owner. that way you will continue enjoying the offer even when your sim is no longer inside the eligible device.
- In addition and no least important, buy all the four sim cards for all the four networks. This way, you can be among those who would first enjoy it whenever there is a promo
- Especially relevant, make sure you own an unlocked/universal MiFi. This would reduce the frustration of swapping sim cards too often.
- Finally, if you can afford it, get two phones of different operating systems. E.g an Android and an iPhone.
How to get Double your Data Subscription on Airtel Nigeria
Airtel Nigeria is currently running a 100% bonus on every data recharge. This promo will last for an undisclosed number of days. Every one of their customers is eligible for this offer. No special terms and conditions. You simply receive double your data. Fo example, #1000 data recharge gives you 3.6gb, #2000 gives you 7GB. If you are lucky to be on airtel smart bytes(*312#), you will receive airtime bonus along with your data bonus.
To opt-in please dial *141# and follow the prompt. You can learn more here. You can check your balance by dialling *140#.
How to accumulate data bonus on 9mobile
9Mobile is not offering a double data bonus. However, they offer something very close to it. With #3,000, you can receive a total of 7 GB worth of data. Originally your #3,000 ought to give you just 4GB. In other words, you get 3GB in bonus for subscribing to a #3000 monthly data plan on 9Mobile.
Terms and conditions apply to this promo and I can’t say when it will end. Please get the full gist here.
How to get Double your Glo Data recharge
It is no longer news that new glo subscriber can enjoy(and continue) at least 6 months of double data recharge of any plan they choose on the glo network. This campaign is under their Glo Oga sim package. You can read up the full article here
To opt-in into glo Nigeria reworked data, dial *777#. To check the data balance, dial *127*0#
Here are the conditions:
- New Customers will get double data (i.e #1,000 for 3.2GB , instead of 1.6GB)
- If you are an old customer, you will also continue to enjoy the old data plans (i.e #1,000 for 3.2GB data, e.t.c). This will happen only if reload or auto roll your data within a three days period of grace from when your original data validity expires. The best way is for you to never allow the plan to expire before renewing it. If you FAIL to renew your subscription within that 3 days period you will no longer be able to enjoy the old data plans. The next time you subscribe, you will get HALF the data volume at the same price (i.e #1,000 for 1.6GB data, instead of 3.2GB).
- Other plans include #2,000 gives you 3.75 x 2 = 7.5gb
- #2,500 5gb x 2 = 10gb
- #3,000 6gb x 2 = 12gb
- #4,000 8gb x 2 = 16gb
- #5,000 12gb x 2 = 24gb and so on When this will expire has not been disclosed yet.
MTN offers 30% extra bonus on all data recharge and 100% on MTN Deal Zone offer.
I do not know if this is for all MTN Nigeria subscribers. I received a message from MTN that I should load my line to get a 50% bonus on mt data recharge. Meaning, if I buy a #1,000 data plan ,I will get 1.6gbGB
MTN Deal zone is even a better offer by MTN to selected customers who are chosen in no particular order. To learn about the eligibility criteria as well as how to opt-in, please read my article on MTN Deal Zone 4x your data here
Nigerian Networks Double Data: Get Exceptional data bonus on spectranet
If spectranet were to be available in all the state capitals in Nigeria, no one would be using other networks. They have data plans and promos with a human face. The taste of the pudding is in the eating, I would suggest you visit their product page here to broaden your knowledge of what promo is applicable to what data on their network.