In this article i will guide you through a one click step on how you can enjoy the latest Android Jellybean custom rom on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100. Though there are still no updates on by when there will be Jellybean 4.2 version of firmwarewill be rolling out officially by Samsung, but like i said in my earlier post. this should be this year. In the meantime however, the good thing is that developers are all here with the custom ROM firmwares which will help you apply this latest jellybean 4.2 firmwares with the help of custom ROM firmware called “Jellybam” firmware.
Disclaimer: It is in your best interest to follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to help you out.
- I will advice you to manually back up all your data on the Galaxy S2 and note with samsung KIES PC Tool as it won’t detect the custom ROM firmwares. Additionally, Don’t backup the data with the help of ROM MANAGER as it may even brick the device.
Instead you can backup your sms with an application on google play called sms backup and reatore.
For contact Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
For your Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to a folder on your computer Copy to internal / External SD Card,
- Minimum battery level left in your phone should not fall below 60% so as to make sure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. You should also enable USB debbuging by going to the path“Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB.
- You should or can only use this with a rooted device. to confim if your device has bee n rooted, Download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store and check whether your phone is rooted or not.
Now the Steps:
- Download the Jellybam 4.2 Firmware Update Package here to your computer
- Now connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file you downloaded to the root of your phones SD CARD in your device.
- Once you have placed the file, disconnect the device and turn off your device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9100 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode. You can also enter the device in recovery mode alternatively via the ROM Manager app which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store.
- Now, in the recovery mode, select “install zip from SD Card” to select the zip file of Jellybam which you have placed in your device’s SD Card. Once the file is selected, you now need to wait for the zip file to get processed in the device. As soon as you see the message of “installing from sd card completed” at the bottom of the screen, you now need select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. Device will take longer time than expected for rebooting the device.
Below are some of the key features of the Jellybam 4.2 Firmware for S2 GT I9100:
– Overall features of AOKP, CM10 and PARANOID –
– Custom JellyBam Settings with preferences –
– Tons of customizations –
– Themes and Mods in JellyBam style –
– Aroma installer –
– Latest CM10/AOKP vsync patched Kernel –
– Latest Siyah and DorimanX –
– Google apps from android 4.2 –
– New Mali driver –
– Exynos HWComposer –
– Lockscreen with x8 Custom app targets –
– Gallery, Camera and KeyBoard from 4.2 –
– Clock from android 4.2 –
– Google play music from android 4.2 –
– photo sphere and panorama works