Am rejoicing with today with all samsung galaxy S2 users of wihich am one of them. as in the course of this post, i shall be guiding you through the tutorial that will enable you upggrade and root your Samsung galaxy S2 GT-i9100 with the official (test firmware from samsung) jellybean 4.1.2 rom. I want to quickly add that this official firmware is not yel available on Samsung Kies. And am not given any fixed time when it will be available. I have tested this firmware and it is running smoothly and stable.
Am amazed at the features Samsung included in this firmware update which are completely missing on Samsung galaxy s2 running on ICS. This firmware has all the features of the Samsung galaxy S3 Prominent of which include 50gb drobbox storage, allshare cast video pop-up play , smartstay e.t.c..Please note that for applying this update you need not root your device and also applying this update won’t void the warranty in any manner. Also, just in case if you have already rooted the device then the root access will be revoked,
Secondly the firmware I shall be providing will update and root your Samsung galaxy s2 GT-I9100 Simultaneously as the zImage which will grant your phone root access and install supersu in your phone has been included in the firmware.this will help you Root Galaxy S2 on Jellybean XXLSJ 4.1.2 without the risk of bricking your device. And another interesting this that this can be done via odin in single click. The most awesome part about this firmware is that it’s the Official firmware which got released from Samsung and is dubbed as XXLSJ as the build number and the baseband version as XXLS6. As of now this update is not yet available for Galaxy S2 I9100G smartphone.
Summarily, I can say this post entails two major topics:
- How to Root your Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 on Official Android Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware
- How to upgrade your Samsung galaxy S2 GT-i9100 from any android version to Android Jellybean 4.1.
- Galaxy S2 I9100 XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 New Features
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- New TouchWiz Nature UX (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- Samsung’s Cloud services
- Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play Features
- New Widgets From the Galaxy S III
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notifications bar
- Google Now
Although the procedures provided here has been thoroughly test and found working, on my galaxy s2, however the instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the XXLSJ firmware update. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The Android 4.1.2 XXLSJ firmware and the instructions given in this guide are applicable only to the international version Galaxy S2 I9100 model and will not work on any other device. Verify your device’s model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed on your Galaxy S2 to enable connectivity with the computer. If you dont have them, then Download Samsung Galaxy S2 USB drivers or download and install samsung kies
- Make sure you have almost 80% battery charged this is in other to prevent dtaining during operation
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Application > Development and check the USB debugging option.
- Users are advised to back up apps, important personal data and settings to avoid data loss while installing the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update.
- Make sure that your phone is factory unlocked that is do not put any phone lock before proceeding with the XXLSJ firmware installation procedure.
Steps to Upgrade / UpdateGalaxy S2 GT I9100 firmware with Official Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download the Download official Android 4.1.2 firmware with root kit for Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 or from (Alternate Link) from here to your computer and please do not extract as it is already in .tar format.,
- Now put your device in Download mode
- To enter download mode on in Galaxy S II GT I9100 you have to switch off your phone, and press Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered (Mind you, you must have ticked USB DEBUGGING UNDER SETTINGS>>DEVELOPERS OPTIONS>>USB DEBUGGING. ) .
- Open Odin in your computer. Connect your device to the computer with the original USB cable and then you will see that the
- ID : COM Section will turn Yellow.
Note: If ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to Install Samsung kies
Now, click on the below mentioned options to select the appropriate file as shown below.
- PDA – i9100XXLSJrooted.tar
- Click the Start button in ODIN and the ROM installation process will begin. It will take a few minutes to complete.
- Once the ROM is installed, your phone will reboot. When you see the Newhome screen, disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is now updated and rooted on Android 4.1.2 XXLSJ official firmware. Check for the Supersu app in your apps list to confirm if the rooting process is successful.
This has been tested by me and you should have no problems with it. Please share this if you found it useful