This post was most recently updated on May 29th, 2019
In this post, you will learn how to Revive Dead GSKY V6/V7 via pc upgrade tool. These are the only products that I Can say one or two things about their future. Now to the business of the day. In this article, I shall be dishing out a pictorial tutorial on how to restore your dead Gsky v6 or v7 using a pc tool. This only works for a soft-bricked Gsky. If yours is a hardware problem like burnt ic, damaged tuner, burnt board or the likes, this is not for you.
Example of a Decoder Soft-Brick Problem
The commonest example of a soft-bricked decoder is evident in boot problems. Maybe your decoder is not booting fully, or it is entering boot-loop or it is not booting at all. This soft-brick problem is majorly caused by wrong software. the incomplete software upgrade, corrupt software or interruption during the course of upgrading your decoder. If your case is any of the above or any other software related problem whatsoever, then you need to use my tutorial here to revive your device.
Requirements to Revive Dead GSKY V6/V7
- You need a computer. I strongly recommend a desktop computer running window XP. If you cannot get this, then you can use a laptop computer via a USB to serial to cable. To learn how to upgrade via a laptop please read this.
- You need to download the latest software for your v6 or v7. to download GSKY_V6HD_V20180206 software click here and download the software for GSky v7
- You need an rs232 cable RS232 cross cable to be precise you can get an example of this here
Now the Process in Details
Like I said earlier, if there is any power disruption while you are upgrading your Gsky, the decoder will encounter problems that will prevent it from booting properly. In this case, the user can upgrade the software through RS-232 port and make the machine work again.
- Download GSKY RS232 upgrade tool.you can download it here: GSKY V6 HD RS-232 upgrade tool
- Use RS232cable to connect GSKY V6 HD and PC. The RS232 cable is cross line(2pin-3pin,3pin-2pin)
- Run the upgrade tool “TCOM_UPG.exe”, the OSD as below:Port your RS232 cable port. If your RS232 cable is ok (Driver is ok, Connection is ok), the RS232 cable port will be displayed here automatically. The Baud is 115200
4. Open the RS232 port.
You can download the newest GSKY V6 HD software at here: Latest Gsky V6 software
6.Press “start” on the windows of the tool.
8. Wait above 20seconds, it will display”Sync the slave, please wait”