In this article, I will provide names with links to some free applications that you can use to recover lost on your USB flash drive, Micro or mini SD card, computer hard disk or external hard drives or other mdeia cards. The beauty of this is that these software will still work even after formatting the storage device. It will aslo recover files that has been deleted from your recycle bin. This software are very easy to use and they all have the free version(If you want more features you can buy the program)
IMPORTANT TIPS BEFORE TRYING TO RECOVER LOST OR DELETED FILES WITH ANY DATA RECOVERY SOFTWARE
- The drive should be detected by the computer. even if you can’t see the see the drive in your windows explorer, the powerful software will most likely detect it.
- The software works for any usb storage devices including your external and or internal Phone SD card. However, if you have an external sd card slot in your phone, please try and remove the sd card and insert it into an SD card reader before attaching it to your computer. For easier and faster process. However, if your is simply an internal memory card, please use it in USB/ file transfer mode as against other modes.
- When you download the app, make sure you download and install it directly to a flash drive or some drive other than the one with the missing file(s) on it.
- Extract the portable version of the file recovery tool you chose. Portable programs usually come in ZIP format which Windows natively supports. In other words, download the compressed version as against the .exe. If you downloaded it to a flash drive, extracting it right there onto the flash drive is great. If you had no choice but to use your hard drive, extract it there.
- Use the file recovery tool to scan for files that can be recovered, a process that could take a few seconds to several minutes or longer depending on how large the drive is. This typically involves choosing the drive you want to scan for deleted files on and then tapping or clicking a Scan button.
- While you hopefully found the file you needed to recover in this list, it’s possible you didn’t. Files Not 100% Recoverable? You, however, have a chance of like 80% which is a good thing compared to when you allow everything to get lost just like that
- The Recycle Bin should be the first place you look to recover deleted files.
- You do not need to have a data recovery software program installed before you delete the file. In my own experience, I never had the recovery software before lossing all my files in one big crash
WARNINGS AND PREREQUISITES
Stop using your computer! Aside from the specific tasks I outline during the rest of this tutorial, the smartest thing you can do is to stop writing data to the drive that contained the deleted file.
As I mentioned above, files that are deleted are actually just hidden. The only way the file you want to recover disappears completely is if the same physical space it occupied on the drive is overwritten. So… don’t do anything that might cause that to happen
Restore the deleted files from the Recycle Bin. You’ve probably already looked in the Recycle Bin, but if not, do so now. If you’re lucky enough to have not emptied it since you deleted the file, it might be here and in perfect working order.
Download a free file recovery program and use it to search for and recover your deleted files. If the files you’re looking for have already been emptied from the Recycle Bin, a file recovery tool can help.
Recuva is one of the best if not the best data recovery software. but if you don’t like it for some reason, or if you try it and it doesn’t find the file you need to recover, by all means, I have also used easus with very high success rate.
LIST OF THE BEST FREE DATA RECOVERY SOFTWARE
1. Recuva( windows only)
4. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard (Available for windows and Mac)
5. Pandora Recovery (windows only)
6. Disk Drill(Mac and windows)
7. Stellar Data Recovery( Windows and Mac)
8. Wise Data Recovery(windows xp to windows 8 only)