This is really funny just yesterday, i made know my frustration with the inability of redsn0w to handle properly iPhone 3gs with the new bootrom. But less than twenty four hours, here i am bringing you a detailed tutorial on how you can jailbreak all pre A5 iDevice with latest version of snowbreeze using evad3rs jailbreak utility which is embedded inside your .ipsw and then restore through iTunes. this simply means, snowbreeze helped us to deceive iTunes and make iTune restore a jailbroken firmware. The most interesting part is that this jailbreak method supports both old and new bootrom or iPhone 3gs. Sn0wbreeze 2.9.10 has just been released to jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 untethered. Users of apple A4 devices e.g iphone 4, 3gs e.t.c will always want to stick to the tried and trusted Snowbreeze utility because with snowbreeze, nothing can go wrong.
You will ask Why Sn0wbreeze instead of Evasi0n tool?
The simply answer is that evad3rs will not jailbreak an iphone which is not activated(unlike redsnow) so if you own an older iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS which relies on carrier unlock + activation, Sn0wbreeze is the way to go. Using Sn0wbreeze, you can cook a custom firmware for your device without the upgraded baseband so that you can unlock it with Ultrasn0w.
What are the iDevices supported by Snowbreeze?;
- iPhone 3GS,
- iPhone 4
- fourth-generation iPod touch.
I am directing this those who are using iPhone 3gs manufactured after 40th week of 2011(meaning you cannot unlock with ultrasnow) to please do a factory unlock before using this method or else you won’t be able to unlock your device since you cannot install the ipad baseband on it. vut as for those with old bootrom, it is an untethered jailbreak.
FILES TO BE DOWNLOADED;
Download sn0wbreeze v2.9.14
Download iOS 6.1.3 restore firmware here
for those who has the new bootrom on their iPhone 3gs download redsnow redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3.zip here
for those with iPhone 3gs new bootrom download iOS 6.0 firmware to be used with redsnow to tether boot here.
STEPS TO JAILBREAK PRE A5 IDEVICES ON IOS 6.1.3:
- Make sure that the iOS device to be jailbroken is connected to the Windows PC via the 30-pin connection cable and the device is running a supported firmware. The latest version of Sn0wbreeze supports an untethered jailbreak on 5.2 firmware for Apple TV, and iOS 6.0 – 6.1.3 for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 4, and uses the same Evasi0n exploits released by team Evad3rs.Step 3: download Sn0wbreeze from the link above and extract it to your computer.
- Hit the blue next button on the bottom-right of the display and select the Browse for an IPSW and point Sn0wbreeze to the relevant firmware for your device. Since iOS 6.1.3 is supported, we advise you jailbreak on that particular firmware. You can download iOS 6.1.2 from the link above.
- If Sn0wbreeze successfully identifies the provided IPSW file then select Next and click on the Simple Mode option that is provided.
- Here you need to detect your bootrom if you are a newbie or you don’t know it.
- Then select simple Mode in snowbreeze(this mode will add all jailbreak tools to the firmware)
- Snowbreeze will now verify your iOs restore firmware afterwards the process will start as shown below
- After your custom firmware has been successfully built by snowbreeze, you will see the following pic
- Congratulations your jailbroken firmware is ready, all that is now required is for you to transfer it into your iphone or ipod via iTunes
After the restore simpl enjoy your phone if you own an iPhone 3gs with old bootrom otherwise you need to boot your iPhone with redsnow any time you shut down your iPhone.
HOW TO BOOT TETHERED AN iPHONE WITH REDSNOW:
- Download redsnow from my link above
- download iOS 6.0 for your iDevice from my link above
- open redsnow in admin mode if you are using window 7 or 8
- On redsnow goto extras>>select ipsw>> then click on Just boot
that is all redsnow will do the rest and your phone will boot into life.
HOW TO BOOT TETHERED AN iPHONE WITH iBooty:
I must also let you know that apart from iPhone 3gs with oldbootrom, other device will have to tether boot to a jailbroken state any time they power off / shutdown their iphone, and i mentioned above that you can do this with redsnow, but am telling you now that it is easier doing it with iBooty. ibooty will be created by snowbreeze during the course of building your specific custom firmware. I will adice you to choose “don’t activate if you know you are on official unlock or else your won;t get the network signal of your carrier until you install or downgrade from ipad baseband. Once snowbreeze has finished creating your firmware, it will also create iBooty on your desktop to help you boot your device tethered
if this is helpful, share it