- redsn0w 0.9.15b3 for Mac OS X users
- redsnow 0.9.15b3 for windows-based PC users
- Download iOS restore firmware iOS 6.0 IPSW for the jailbreak
- 6.0.1 file to restore your iDevice if it isn’t on the new firmware
Below is a list of supported iOS devices:
- iPhone 4
- iPod touch 4th Gen, 4G
- iPhone 3GS
And the following iDevices are not compatible with this iOS 6.0.1 jailbreak and is thus not jailbreakable:
- iPod touch 5th Generation
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- 3rd Gen iPad 3
- iPad 4, fourth Generation
How-to Jailbreak 6.0.1 and iOS 6 for A4 Devices
1. Download the latest version of Redsn0w and the iOS 6.0 IPSW (not 6.0.1) from the links above, and ensure that your iPhone or iPod is running Apple’s 6.0.1 firmware.
Note: If you’re on windows Vista or windows 7, 8, you’ll need to right click Redsnow, set the compatibility mode for windows XP service pack to and grant Administrative privileges.
2. Run RedSn0w – for OS X MAC users, right (control) click the utility and click open.
3. Click Extras -> Select IPSW feature, browse for and point it towards the iOS 6 IPSW file (not 6.0.1) to proceed with the jailbreak. After the file has been successfully identified by RedSnow, click the Back button to return to the main screen for Redsnow.
4. Select Jailbreak, ensure that the option to Install Cydia was checked by default, continue and set your iOS-device into DFU mode.
- To Enter Device Firmware Update mode: Press and hold the home and power buttons together for a total of ten seconds, once ten seconds has passed, release the home button and continue to hold the power button for an additional ten to fifteen seconds.
5. Wait for the process to complete and for your jailbroken iPhone or iPod touch to reboot – you’ll then need to continue and boot Tethered.
How to Boot Tethered:
As previously mentioned in this jailbreak tutorial, you’ll be required to boot tether to see Cydia and every time you need to power your iPhone or iPod on. To boot Tethered, simply open RedSnow and click to Extras, followed by Just Boot.