It has been a while since i last posted any article on this blog. It was due to stress at school. Today as usual i will share with you an information that will be beneficial to all those who are interested. Today, i shall be uploading a picture of two different types of WiFi Adapters that you can use to power some features on all types of decoders that supports WiFi connection. What i mean is this, some modern decoders comes with the capability to make use of wifi connection. This wifi features is like other internet connection features but it is more convenient to use. When your decoder is connected to a WiFi hotspot, you can use some features on your decoder that requires broadband internet connections like Iptv, Google maps, weather, and even the some accounts to watch scrambled channels.
WHICH DECODERS MAKE USE OF WIFI
I will give a list of popular decoders that can use WiFi connect, so my list is by no way exhaustive. In fact any decoder that comes with wifi connectivity can use wifi connection
- Tlink decoders (you can use wifi connection on tlink to power the inbuilt account of tlink, view iptv channels on tlink, use cccam account on tlink and to also upgrade tlunk firmware Over the Air)
- Azsky G6(you can use wifi connection with the help of wif adapters to Upgrade the firmware of azsky G6 when availabe, view rss feeds on azsky g6, view iptv on G6, view youtube and other features that requires internet. However, you can use wifi to watch scrambled dst* channels on g6 yet but you can use wifi to watch scrambled dst* channels using a cccam account)
- Qsat receivers (You can use wifi with any of the two default accounts of qsat i.e avatarcam hd and dqcam account, you can also use wifi to watch iptv on qsat including the two adult channels on qsat and also to upgrade qsat firmware over the air when necessary.
- Strong decoders; there are some strong decoders that support wifi. examples of these strong decoders are 4922A, 4930L etc (you can use the wifi connection to upgrade default firmware on strong decoders, view scarambled channels via cccam / mgcam account on strong decoders and watch yputube and google maps on strong decoders.
- OpenBox decoders( same as strong above)
- Dreambox (same as strong decoders above)
- Other comaptible decoders (same as strong decoder above.
CHARACTERISTICS OF DECODERS THAT CAN USE WIFI CONNECTIONS
- There is only one characteristic of this, and it is the fact that the Wifi option will be listed under settings>>network settings, settings>>expansion, settings>>ethernet config as the cases of Azsky G6, Tlink and qsat respectively. Therefore if you see Wifi under your list of connections in your decoder, you should know that your decoder can make use of a wifi connection.
PREREQUISITES FOR USING A WIFI CONNECTION ON A DECODER
- The first and the foremost prerequisite is the fact that your decoder must come with a wifi connection option. In other words, if your decoder doesnt come with support for wifi, there is nothing you can do whatsoever to make it use a wifi connection.
- The second important prerequisite is that you must use a wifi adapter(e.g, the one in the picture above) before your decoder can detect a wfi mobile hotspot. without a wifi adapter attached to your decoder, your decoder will merely search till eternity without detecting any wifi hotspot even if the source of wifi hotspot is placed beside it.
- The fianl prerequisite which is as important as the second one above is the fact that you must have an accessible wifi hotspot / connection that your decoder can easily detect and connect to. Don’t be scared, gone are the days when only big companies or higher institutions of learnig can provide for a wifi hotspot. Today, all middle range smart phones including techno android can be used as a wifi hotspot. Other popular smartphones that has wifi hotspot capabilities are Samsung android, apple iPhone from iPhone 4 and above, nokia lumnia windows phone etc. Alternatively with the help of a useful software namely connectfyme, you can use your pc as a wifi hotspot. Also you cn use a good router e.g azsky G3, vodafone router , huawei router, tp-link router etc as a wifi hotspot. What i simply mean by wifi hotspot in a layman language is a device that can share intenet connection with other wifi devices tirelessly. and it will make use of the internet bundle loaded on your sim card if you are using your phone as a wifi hotspot.
HOW CAN I SETUP THE WIFI ADAPTER WITH MY DECODER:
A comprehensive tutorial which can be applied to other decoders is How to Use Azsky G6 to Connect to a Wi-Fi Hotspot to watch Youtube and Cccam
OTHER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Help, am searching for wifi with my decoder but its not detecting any wifi connection
A: Please read my prerequisite above.
Q: I have successfully established a wifi connection on my G6, but i can only view iptv on it i can no longer watch my dstv channels
A: use a direct sim card with G6 default account, later g6 will support wifi on its service accounts.
Q: Where can i buy a wifi adapter?
A: at any shop where computer / satellite accessories are sold
Q: I bought a wifi adapter but its not working with my decoder
A: if the wifi adapter is not detecting anything, then it means you may need to go and relace it. look at the name of the ones in my screen-capture above
Q: What is the exact name of the wifi adapter that is compatible with all decoders?
A: The two above that i have tested personally worked with all popular decoders and the names are iMeMo and SKYBOX WiFi adapters.
As usual, your comments are most welcome. meanwhile, share this information with your friends on social media networks