Fake products are copies of the original versions. Without an original version of a product, you can’t get the fake. Those who sell fakes do so to make quick money from the original sellers. Obviously, the catch is that generally, fake or clone items are cheaper(or believed to be cheaper) than the original versions. Your guess is as good as mine, I will teach you simple and easy ways to pre-identify fake TVs. The good news about my tips is that it has a universal application. In addition to this, you can perform these checks at the point of sale before payment.
Most of the time people buying fakes are unaware of it. Let me tell a quick story. One day you went to visit your friend(let’s say your rich friend), and you met him watch a program on his LG TV. Immediately, you start to praise him as one with the cash to buy the latest model of a product. You cursed your fortune for being pooer. Afterwards, you ask him the year of manufacture of his Tv. To your surprise, he mentioned the same year and model of the one you have at home.
You opened your mouth in disbelief and told him you had the same TV at home with a poor quality overall. You examine your friend’s TV and realised his own TV was manufactured in Belgium while yours was made in China. Also, you paid a cheaper price to get yours. No to the analysis, what happened above is that the poorer friend used his hard earned money to buy a fake TV. I am here with you today to make sure same fate doesn’t befall you. I mean you will have the power to pre-identify fake TVs.
Those who produce fake products have fraudulent intentions of producing such products. Fake products cut across all consumer goods. China is tagged as the brain behind the manufacturing of most fake products(please do not blame the Chinese, you get what you paid for). We should also remember that Apple iPhone and iPad are made in China but assembled in the USA(California to be precise). Therefore, China is not the problem. The problem is the dealers who go to China to ask for sub-standard or fake products from them.
If you are shopping for a television online, please try and patronise the original device manufacturers or their authorised distributors. Alternatively, buy from reputable online stores such as Amazon and eBay. At least, if you follow this rules, you can never lose both your money and the product. If you receive a fake, substandard or defective product, these sites will standard by you are solve any problems you might be having concerning the TV. Amazon and eBay will issue a refund after return. Besides, it is very difficult to get any fake product from Amazon.
It does not matter they specifications the television is having, as long as it is a flat screen branded tv, it is susceptible to fake copies. In this article, Africans(especially Nigerian will be able to learn how to avoid falling victim to counterfeiters. This shall be strictly about how to avoid buying a fake tv, however, the tips that shall be provided here can be applied to every electronic device.
- what you need to do before buying a used phone
- ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DISPLAY RESOLUTION LIKE VGA, SD HD FHD, UHD & 4K
- How you can shop on Amazon for cheap outside the USA
Correlation between a fake, a cloned and a defective TV?
Unsurprisingly, there is this misconception mostly about fake and clone products. Shockingly, some people call defective products and refurbished products fake. These assumptions are not true. There is a striking distinction between a fake, a refurbished and a defective product. This has been clarified below;
- What is a fake TV?: A fake or a counterfeit television is defined as a clone(knockoff) copy that has been marketed as the original. A counterfeit is guilty of dishonesty, misrepresentation and illegality. It is more difficult to detect a counterfeit phone if you are not used to the original.
- What is a clone/knockoff TV?: On the other hand, a clone/knockoff is an exact or almost exact replica of an original television. Although, with a different branding. Furthermore, a clone or a knockoff TV is a copy of the design or function of an original device. In addition, a clone is sold as a clone copy and fully disclosed as “not the original”. An example of a clone/knockoff television is one that has a different name, logo or design to the one you are used to. Unfortunately, the difference is not always very clear but it is there.
- What is a refurbished/ certified refurbished TV?: a refurbished TV is a used TV that has been repaired and confirmed to be in a usable condition before selling.A refurbished TV typically refers to a model that has been returned to the manufacturer, tested for problems, and restored to full-functioning, factory-standard condition.
- Meaning of a defective/faulty TV: A defective TV is one with an imperfection or one that has a manufacturing or design defect. A faulty tv is totally different from a fake or clone TV. It is the original TV that is malfunctioning and it can even pose danger to the user.
Pre-identify fake TVs
Almost 60% of the electronics in Nigeria and other developing countries are fakes or clones. These gadgets are mostly manufactured in China and smuggled into the country which results in billions of dollars of loss to the government of the respective countries. Yes, the government loses the tax accrued to them when you smuggle in items. I wonder why the Government are always slow to take any action against these people whatsoever.
But again, this is not the total fault of the seller or the government. First off, buyers must have to first investigate the product before buying it. So, today, we will try to find the ways through which we can detect whether a TV is e.g Sony, Samsung, Vizio, Hisense, Panasonic, LG is original or not. A stitch in time saves nine, it is better to pre-identify fake TVs than to pay the high repair cost. In most cases, such TVs are unrepairable.
Please continue the article on the next page>>