I predicted in my last article that, we will have software for Gsky V6 and other Gsky series to auto roll MTN worldwide. Yesterday, the software was released y the makers of the said decoders. Gsky V6/v7 sports 24 HD powervu software is now available for download.
Read also: list of decoders opening mtn worldwide part 1
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR PROSPECTIVE/POTENTIAL GSKY USERS
Before i proceed with how to get the latest Gsky V6/v7 sports 24 HD Powervu software, let me make some important notice about GSky receivers generally. The following facts apply
- As at the time of publishing this article, there is no such software for Gsky V8. The software for gsky v8 may come out anytime from now.
- Gsky is the first team to offer full support for all their models. New or Old
- That the gsky team has discontinued the manufacturing of Gsky v6 since 2015.
- Also, the models of Gsky decoders that is currently in production are Gsky v5, v7 and V8
- If anyone is still selling Gsky V6, it is either from very old stock or it is most likely a fake copy.
- Furthermore, you can load any upgrade software for any Gsky decoder without erasing your existing settings or channels.
- For you to load this software without erasing any settings or channels, simply choose the “software only” from the US upgrade menu.
- I will be dropping the link to the thread where the software can e downloaded, I won’t upload this to my server and link. This will not change as doing so will change my principle of not favouring one ox over another.
- You need to read the following three articles in order to have a successful software upgrade experience. This link to set up internet on your Gsky, and this link on how to extract any software.
Release notes of Gsky V6/v7 sports 24 HD powervu software
There are no new changes that this software is bringing other than it fact that it added capabilities of opening mtn worldwide(sports 24 HD inclusive)
Software Version: V20170919
Updated the latest algorithm for PowerVu
Support PowerVu V2.5
It can open 57.0E NSS12 and 34.5W Sport24 HD channel.
Especially relevant: updated list of decoders currently opening sports 24 HD part 2
Requirements and how to load the software
Now, here comes the moment you have been waiting for. You will learn the requirements for and how to load the new Gsky V6/v7 sports 24 HD Powervu software below.
- For Gsky v6: download the .rar software from the owner’s link here. To start with, you need to register on the said forum, reply to the thread where the software is posted before you can have access to download. Also, you may need google chrome on mobile or a pc browser to download.
- Conversely, for users of Gsky v7, you can download the software here. This is the one compatible with the global version of the decoder
- Noteworthy; you need an internet connection after the upgrade for the first “roll”. It will not require internet subsequently.
- Needless to say that a stable power supply is a necessity in the course of the upgrade otherwise, you might brick your decoder.
- Conclusively, this is an operation that you must embark upon at your own risk. Failure to follow the instructions to the letters may lead to you bricking your decoder. Abide by the rules. Use a good and compatible USB, a complete and incorrupt software and extract the software before use.
- This article will be updated once the software for V8 is released. I won’t publish a new article for that purpose. Alternatively, you may check the owner’s website pctvlab for updates on their product and services. Interestingly, you may get the information before me.
UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES!!
There is a new software after the existing one was blocked by mtn worldwide on 20th of September. Get the updates here