Ancloud p5(especially) and other android iptv box generally is not a new technology worldwide. The only thing is that due to poor internet connection this technology is not very popular in africa. However with the frustration of the seemingly instability of dongles these days, some people are settling for iptv solutions to meet their sports and movies needs. Last week has been very good to me because of the problem mtn nigeria were having that made me able to get minimum of 7.5gb each on seven different sim cards each valid for 30 days each. The so called loophole has been blocked, but i still have my gigs intact.
For the benefits of those who want updates on qsat: As of today 12-o7-2015 2:00pm Nigeria time, qsat is working with great stabity and it is currently opening ss5ni , ss7ni, blitz… most africa magic…. it is not opening ss3 or ss3ni or max1 currently. Now to the business of the day.
HOW TO SETUP ANCLOUD P5 FOR FIRST USE
Since ancloud is not a satellite decoder like strong, qsat , azsky g6… it is extremely very easy to setup. You can virtually set it up without requiring any assistance. All those who bought their ancloud box from me set it up themselves without any assistance from me. However, I do not want to assume that this will be the case with everyone.Therefore i present to you a guide that can serve as manual of ancloud p5 kind of.
- First off all, you need to read about the unboxing and channels list of ancloud from the following articles here and here.
- Once you receive your ancloud, you need to do the initial setup as to configure it with your television. This depends on your tv type. If you are using any t with hdmi port, then ancloud will configure itsefl automatically. However, if you are connecting ancloud to your tv via an AV cable, then you will need to tweak your ancloud dsiplay settings to match your tv screen. the picture below explains further;
- Next steps after display setting is how to connect your ancloud to the internet. Good internet is a prerequisite to enjoying any channel on any iptv service package. You need a minimum of 3.75g network in other to enjoy iptv especially the HD channels. In Nigeria, etisalat Nigeria offers the fastest 3g network. For those living in big cities in Nigeria where there is 4g network like smile, spectranet or swift, i will advice you to get a 4g internet instead. Ancloud supports two internet protocols for now and they are; wifi internet and ethernet / lan internet. The joy of the matter is however the fact that, ancloud comes with an inbuilt wifi adapter which means, you do not need to buy any wifi adapter before you can connect your wifi hotspot to ancloud(Note: you can even use your phone’s wifi hotspot to supply internet to ancloud). The picture below speaks volume
- from the picture above, you can see that wifi connects at once.
- After setting up good internet, it is now the time to enjoy your channels. If you buy your box with an account, then you will need to manually input your ancloud account which consist of username and password. the username of ancloud homelive account usually starts wit 080. navigate through your ancloud using your remote control and open homelive app. Once opened, as long as you have good internet connection, it will prompt you to enter a username and a passowrd. Carefully enter the username and password given to you buy your supplier. If you have not connected anclud to the internet, or if you are using a poor internet connection, homelive app will dispaly error “Unfortunately Homelive has stopped working”. But if your internet is okay, homelive will open successfully and you will be able to enter your username and password. Alternatively, if you will rather use the kodi / xbmc funtion to watch channels, open kodi and browse the addons(you will have to source for usefull addons for kodi before you can watch any meaningful program on odi)
- Once you have succeeded in loading your account to homelive app, you can easily navigate through the channel list by pressing okay button / navigation button on your remote. An important feature in ancloud homelive is the ability to add your favorute channels to the favorite channels list. to do this, when you are on the channels you want to add as favorite, press>>ok button>>then menu button on your remote. The channel will be automatically added to your favorite list. the two pictures below , explains further;
- Furthermore, if you feel like uninstalling and problematic or unwanted application from your ancloud, navigate to the icon of the app you want to uninstall, then press and hold the ok button on your remote. The option to complete the task will be displayed as shown below. Note; if your homelive app crashed and you want to reinstall it, you must first uninstall the existing one before you can install a fresh copy.
- Finally, to add newly installed app to the homescreen or to replace an unwanted app with a frequently used one, simply click on the plus + icon on the homescreen and select the apps you want to add.
The guides above is not exhaustive, but for beginners and intermediate users, you will not ask for anything more. Secondly. Such a highly premium iptv package like ancloud is best used on demand unless you have an unlimited data plan. What i mean is this, if you want to watch a match or game and your dongles are messing up, or you cannot subscribe to premium dst* channels. with a product like ancloud, you can control your data consumption by not connecting or watching programs indefinitely(especially when you do not have unlimited data). Let us pray for full recovery of our dongles especially azsky so that we can have many options. For now, the future is guaranteed for sports only with official decoders and iptv premium packages. Only qsat is currently working and trying for us on dst* channels.