This post is coming a bit late, but it is better late than never. I am presenting to you for free downloads, a patch software that will help you in restoring your dongle option. The dongle option must have been lost due to strong ota upgrade that was forcefully forced to your decoder. Once you navigate to Menu>>installation>>scroll down to the last ite on the list just immediately after OTA Menu>>You must see options here. If options is missing, then it means you can’t use your strong decoder for dongle like Azsky, A+m eclink etc.
However, this article will provide you with a patched software to help you restore the options.
Warnings and Disclaimer!!
- The two software am providing below are meant for specific strong models, they are not meant to be used on any strong model order than the ones mentioned above.
- I am not liable whatsoever for any harm that comes to your decoder as a result of using these firmwares(you may kill your decoder if your strong is fake, if the usb flash drive you use in copying the firmware has virus, if in the cause of the upgrade, there is power outage, if you download the firmware to a wrog version of strong)
- If you kill your decoder the only guaranteed method of waking it is through decoder firmware transfer from a working strong decoder of your exact strong model.
HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR STRONG DECODER VIA USB:
i. Copy the software you downloaded into your flash drive
ii. From your decoder remote controller press Menu>> USB>> Data transfer Choose the folder select the software and press OK. NOTE: BE SURE TO USE THE RIGHT SOFTWARE ELSE YOU’LL FRY YOUR DECODER
I Repeat make sure you use a healthy generator. So that you don’t end up frying your decoder just like mine if your power-goes off.
However if you fry your decoder, you may still wake it by reading my post here.
HOW TO PREVENT STRONG OTA UPDATE FROM ATTACKING YOUR DECODER:
The main reason why you are restoring dongle option is because you lost it. The question is, how can i keep it intact, below are some well researched tips on how to avoid loosing your strong option menu in the first place;
- After upgrading your software with my files above, make sure you change the OTA Satellite to anything apart from mytv or multitv satellites and you are definitely good to go. In other words, dont let your default sat be any of the two mentioned above
- Anytime the automatic download wants to start again, please remove your LNB cable from the back of your decoder, Then switch off your decoder and switch it on back again before putting the lnb cable back.
- You can also change your IC (not recommended)
Best of luck.