I don’t know how to even start this post. Well i will start as usual as a geek with most popular high end smartphones. It is all about High Definition games . Hardly will you see any high end smartphone user who happens to be a game freak opting for java games at the expense of real HD RPG games. But as much as we have several smartphone out there which supports playing D games, we have only one phone which sometimes constitute and headache if you want to install compatible games on it. Am talking about no other phone than android phones.
It is a norm that every application(not only games) on every phones has two major aspect. 1. the real launcher which constitute the icon on your menu or springboard and the application data. However in other phones apart from android devices when you install an application or a game, it is always a single complete installation whether you download it directly to you phone or to your computer. E.g the total size of fifa 12 on an iPhone is 1.3gb all you need to do is to download that 1.gb file from anywhere be it fto iTunes store external server or Appstore on your phone. Once downloaded just install via iTunes and you are ready to go.
However with and android phone, you can only make a single installation with normal applications like facebook e.t.c.. Once it is an heavy application like Dictionaries or an HD game this is another story entirely as you will be faced with two process of installation. one for the .apk file which is the game launcher and one for the game data. Good for you if you download through your phone but if you download from external source to your pc e.g through apl leecher or from external server then you will have to do a manual installation yourself. Accepted it is pretty easy to install the apk file, but what about the game data? Most novice always find it difficult to determine where the game data they doenload from any other source other than google play store should be placed in their device. This brings us to the topic of this post and using the example of fifa 12 above, for android, fifa 12 has two parts the apk file which is simply about 7.omb and the game data which is a whooping 1.50gb.
The question is where should i copy the game data? Answer will be provided but before then, let me give you an hints for a dye in the wool gamer with android.
FILE AND SOFTWARE NEEDED FOR CONVENIENT GAMING WITH ANDROID PHONES:
- You need a personal computer or one that is accessible to you always most games are very heavy and copying on phone is very stressfull
- You may optionally use a memory card reader if you are not comfortable with the file manager of your phone or if your android phone doesn’t has mass storage mode.
- You definitely needs a Winrar or Winzip you can download one here
- You also need the original usb cable of your phone.
- Titanium backup application downloadable from google play store (if it is needed you will be instructed from where you downloaded the game data)
- luckypatcher (optional but may be sometimes required)
ANDROID GAMES DATA COMES IN THREE DIFFERENT WAYS:
If you download your android game data to your computer, have it in mind that it comes only in three diferent packages and it will surely be in a zip or rar archive whether you like it or not unless it is a single .obb file. The first format in which it can come is the most popular one and it will be copied into Android/data folder, the second one which is rapidly gaining ground is a .obb file and this will be copied into Android/obb folder and the last one is peculiar to some gameloft games e.g asphalt 6, 7 modern combat e.t.c and this will be copied into Android/gameloft/games folder . This now take us to the Next step which is where to copy what.
HOW WILL I KNOW THE FOLDER TO COPY A PARTICULAR ANDROID GAME DATA TO?
A picture speaks louder than a thousand words so i will illustrate this will some screenshots;
To know if you are to copy a game data into the Android/data folder on your internal memory (note do not copy to your external sd card unless you have mount the folder with an application called folder mount, or else you won’t be able to run your game) the game file you downloaded must have a .obb extension after you have extracted as shown below
2. What games should i copy into android/data folder? (it simply means you should copy the game sd data into android data folder that is the folder named data that is inside the folder named android(the android folder is in the root of your internal memory if not found, create it manually) to know this game is the easiest this is because it contains series of extracted file and the name of the folder always start with something com.ea.game.fifa12 and when you open the folder, you will find different files and sub-folders inside it may be upto twenty or more but you wonn’t find a .obb file in this
3. The last but not the least is the one i mentioned earlier that it is peculiar to some gameloft games e.g for ashalt 6 adrelnaline once you install the fle and download the game data, you must see something like GloftA6HP so for this kind of game i will say by the folder name you shall know them. But trust me, you wont find the types too often this types of game data is to be copied into gameloft/games folder and you are most likey to create this folder manually. this is to same you create a folder in the root of your sd card and name it gameloft then open this folder and create another folder and name it games this is where you will now copy the folder containing your game data.
If you think i have done justice to this post, do not hesitate to share it and help the site grow