The internet is the contemporary best source of information. Information reaching me as of yesterday claims that most or all qsat q11g, q13g and q15g decoders which refuse to upgrade to the latest version, shall stop working on January 1 2013 until they upgrade to the latest firmware In this article, i have uploaded the software for q11g, q13g and q15g.
Am doing this to prove a point of selflessness and flexibility. Some ppl out there will be trying to sell the software which is bad. Some will delay giving it to their customers while some may even ask their customers to bring the decoder to them for upgrade either for a fee or free of charge. Whichever way others used in upgrading qsat for their customer, i am choosing the best way which is providing it free of charge and giving you hint on how to load it.
I received the software free of charge, so am giving it out free of charge. The software was more of a security and performance upgrade. I have tested it myself and i notice no bug. It created an iptv menu under multimedia and tends to solve etisalat Nigeria connection issue. It is tagged version 5. Please don’t ask questions about HD channels here as that is the prerogative of qsat. HD channels was not disabled by qsat or azsky or tlink, it was blocked by dst*. As soon as there is a way out, HD channels will be back on all products hitherto opening HD channels on Dst*.
HINTS ON HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR QSAT
Inspite of the fact that i have personally tested this software on my qsat q11g, i also scanned the file with Bit defender Antivirus total security 2014 and there is no virus of any kind in this file, I am not to be held liable for any mistake or negligence on the part of anybody using this software. This is because if you jettison my instructions and warnings, you may soft-brick your qsat(soft bring translates to damaging the software part of your device). However if you do all what is required of you, then you won’t have any problem with the upgrade.
Warnings!!!: I will advice those who cannot setup their qsat from scratch not to upgrade until they find those who can help them set it up. The reason being that after the upgrade, your qsat will be reset to factory settings and as a result, three major things will happen to your qsat immediatelly after the upgrade. 1.you xcam setup under settings will be hidden(to bring this back because you need it to re-activate your avatarcam HD code dial 1512 once you open settings) 2. Your internet connection type will be reset to LAN Internet (if you were not using lan internet previously then you need to choose your preferred connection mode if you are using direct sim card otherwise known as 2g on your remote press Menu>>Ethernet Config>>Under link type choose GPRS Network>>then Select Config>>Under GPRS Network Window>Area>>Select your country>>Operator>>select your provide>>>Mark auto link and reboot your decoder) 3. Your channels will all vanish (to rescan your channels, goto installation>>password is 0000>>Antenna Setting>>Change Satellite to Eutelsat 36A, 36/ 036.0E>>press blue button on your remoe to start scanning>>another window will pop up change scan type from manual to Blind scan>>press enter and wait till everything completes.) 4. Your avatarcam code will be deactivated you need to re-activate it after the firmware upgrade (to do this press menu>>setting>>xcam setup>>AvatarCamHD>>press red button>>press green button>>reboot your qsat) If your avatarcamhd code begins with 54xx or 56xxx, for now your channels may take longer to come up, to hasting this, try the following tricks; use a 3g modem with mtn Nigeria, etisalat or glo>> now goto multimedia>>iptv>>open any of the iptv channels and watch for seconds>>go back to your dst* channels>>it should be showing by now.
- You must have a stable electricity, if your electricity is not stable, please use an inverter or a generator.
- You must use only a virus free USB flashdrive( to be sure of this, you can format the usb drive before you copy the file into it)
- Once you download my files, you will need to extract it after extraction, you will see two files inside the folder, the read me file.txt and the software.bin you are required to copy only the .bin file to your flashdrive then read the text file.
- It is worthy of note that your qsat need not be connected to the internet throughout the upgrading process.
- Download the latest Version 6 software of qsat from the following article: Download Qsat Software V6 For Q11G, Q13G & Q15G [Fixes Code 54xxx & Code 56 Issues for Now]
- Download For QIIG: Q11G-_V5.11.20_20131221_3.zip (No password required to extract) or FOR Q13G:Q13G-_V5.11.20_20131221.zip (No password required to extract)and for Q15G: Q15G-_V5.11.23_20131224 (You need to extract the Q15G software with a password and the password is <lemmymorgan.com> )
- Once you have met the above requirements, please plugin your usb to your qsat, on your remote now press MENU>>UPGRADE>>USB / UPGRADE, select the file you copied to your usb earlier and click on ok to start the process. Once the process is completed, your decoder will reboot that is all.
CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS ARE WELCOME. IT MAYBE IN FORM OF COMMENDATION OR CRITICISM BUT NOT MALICIOUS COMMENTS.
PLEASE DON’T SEND ME ANY MESSAGE OR CALL ME ON THIS ISSUE. I AM ONLY TRYING TO HELP THE PEROGATIVE OF RESTORING NORMALCY TO QSAT WITH 54xxxx and 56xxxx avatarcam codes lies with qsat team. I can’t influence proceedings of qsat whatsoever, i can only influence azsky team to act to a reasonable degree.