As i write this post, i can say am able to watch upto like 20 channels on tlink 900 HD PVR decoder in SDS mode. the names of the channels among others include: Amag, CNN, Amag yoruba, SS1HD, SS3HD, SS2HD, SS3, SS7, MAction, Skynews, Mstar e.t.c. You will ask me how i manage to do this, well i will simply tell you that it is as a result of the latest software released for tlink decoder that am able to reopen the hitherto closed channels on sds mode. When i also checked canalsat, i also discovered to my joy that it opens 90% of all the channels there including the new added channels. As if this is not enough, the latest software comes with an option to watch IPTV (Which is now the trend) but unfortunately, you will have to input a url to be able to do this. All said and done, i will quickly show you the steps to update your tlink 900 hd decoder with the latest firmware so that you can once again enjoy your channels without internet connection.Why it took them so long to act, i wouldn’t know but thank God they act at last.
- A virus free USB Flash drive(preferably format it and don’t let any other file be inside when using this)
- A computer or a mobile phone that can open archive files( i recommend you use a pc)
- Download winrar from www.filehippo.com if you don’t have it already.
- Make sure you have a stable power supply(if you are not sure of this please use a generator) so that you won;t kill your tlink decoder in the process of update
- Either you download my setup file and do the manual update(you have to send me a mail to request for the password to the file ) Or you simply do the automatic update by searching for available updates inside the decoder’s ftp downloads.
- Dowload the software TLink_900_8M_V1.09.8030_20130316.bin (password protected request from ray 4fame @yahoo.com)
HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR TLINK DECODER:
- Download the file from the link above or search through your decoder from the path settings>>expansion>>ftp downloads if you however download the file above, you will need to extract on your computer so as to reveal the .bin file inside which is what tlink recognizes.
- after extraction copy the .bin into an empty virus free flash drive not a card reader
- Now plug the usb into your computer and navigate to Settings>>Expansion>>USB then select only the first file and press yes on your remote by pressing the navigation button of the remote sideways
- Wait until the upgrade is completed and tlink will reboot
- after reboot set your 90cm or bigger dish to mbc vertical and track which ever satellite you want to watch
- press f1 111 on your remote>>sds mode>eutelsat w3a 7.0e africa
- Now go back to the main screen and wait for the channels to be highlighted in yellow.