In this article, we are not directly discussing the stability or otherwise of iptv channels. I am simply going to give a detailed comparison between the two categories or method of using iptv services. The first category is.. using it on Mobile phones or Tablets / phablets, and the second category is when you watch your iptv channels on larger screen like Tv or monitor using android iptv set-top boxes or computers.
IPTV ON MY SMARTPHONE OR IPTV BOXES / RECEIVERS, WHICH ONE SHOULD I USE?
The best answer to this question is that, if you have the means, augment your phone with a dedicated iptv box or receiver or, purchase and android iptv box mainly for your iptv needs. I present to you the following arguments:
- The argument on convenience: the word IPTV (has an element of TV which means television) is simply video streaming and most people will agree with me that, you can never compare web browsing or video streaming on a PC or TV to that of a mobile phone or tab. You can conveniently watch iptv on your tv screen with families and friends, you cant do that conveniently with you mobile phone as you will need to strain your eyes, put pressure on your phone’s processor and endanger your phone’s batteries.
- Argument of versatility of Android Boxes and some receivers that supports IPTV: While all android iptv boxes can support paid iptv subscription, npot all android smartphones can support paid iptv packages. in fact not all android can run the free iptv apk. On the contrary, a good android box e.g, Ancloud p5, can run all iptv solutions both free and paid. I mean it can run all the Apks on your android phones without issue. A standard android tv box can run Android Apk(Apss).
- You are more prone to straining your eyes with watching iptv on your computer or phone than you will be watching it television. I mean you can get as far back from your tv as possible without loosing any detail. you need to be reasonably close to your computer or phone to see a clear view. this is also worthy of note.
- For more convenience, you can switch between different resolutions on your tv or computer in other to suit your viewing and to enhance the picture quality. there is limit to what you can do with some phones without losing some details in your video.
- You are indirectly shortening the life span of your phone if you are a hardcore gamer on phone, you are addicted to HD video streaming on phone and your phone is not among the ones with the highest specs out there. Issues that can arise as regards to this include; a swollen battery, a hot phone, a brick phone or a dead phone. So please, if you are consistent with iptv on mobile, start considering getting a android tv box to preserve your phone.
- Another constrain is your limited ability or inability to access other apps conveniently while streaming live iptv because you do not want your phone to hang or the app to quit while you are busy accessing other apps in the background.
- Interruption and or distraction from voice call, whatsapp call, imo calls, BBM calls, video calls, sms while you are enjoying your iptv streaming. As you already know, once a call comes through while you are streaming, your internet will cut off or slow down(unless you are using a wifi) and the incoming call will overlap your current session. This doesn’t happen with your television or computer.
- You also experience interruption from adverts when you are using free mobile iptv apps like mobdro, and sports tv.
- Risk of computer virus especially malware or adware are more common on those using iptv on their phones compare to those using it on tv unless you install the same malicious apk on your android tv. even at that, it cannot tak total control of your android iptv box same way it can take control of your phone
- You cannot compare the convenience and picture quality of connecting your decoder / computer / android iptv directly to your tv with what you will experience when you connect your phone to your tv.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGE(S) OF MOBILE IPTV OVER DESKTOP IPTV?
The only one mobile iptv have over android boxes or computers iptv is:
Emergency needs and mobility: I mean, you can quickly watch some highlights anywhere you go as ling as you are connected to the internet and you can carry your mobile phone with you anywhere you go.
I do watch offline video playback on my phones, but i hardly bank on watching live iptv on my phone because its extremely inconvenient for me. I however, watch live iptv on my ancloud p5 most of the time infact anytime i have the dat at hat is enough for it. My recommendation will be: have the two(in fact almost everyone has a smartphone nowadays) but if you want to but a device basically for iptv, buy an Android iptv dedicated box like Ancloud p5 or the likes. If it is going to be iptv on phone for you all the way; you need to be careful with your usage.