When you are buying standalone satellite receivers or components, scamming is not as prevalent as misrepresentation. You can easily buy what is useless for you if you patronize the wrong seller. For example, if I meet a seller who only sells Autoroll decoders and I simply need a decoder that can enable me to watch startimes, I need a seller who either knows sartimes dealers or also sells startimes cccam accounts. I will address buying satellite products online in the article of today.
If this seller is bent on selling only his wares, it means I will lose more than I will gain. The reason has been that, there is no powervu auto roll decoder that works with a dish less than 1.8meters. If you want something for a smaller dish, it means you are out of luck. Worthy of note is the fact that this article will also cover how to buy official satellite TV branded decoders locally or online.
Especially relevant: IPTV and its legality concerns
buying satellite products online – Official decoders
It is straightforward when you are trying to buy a satellite tv package from a pay-tv company that has the legal rights to operating within your region/territory. They only grey area is buying and using a grey-marked decoder for use outside the territory for which that decoder has the legal power to cover. I will tag grey-mark decoders as piracy because it’s not allowed by law outside its specified footprint. Example of grey-mark decoders is; bein decoders in Nigeria, Dstv Nigeria decoder in UAE, canal decoder in Nigeria or any decoder that you are using outside its original specified area of coverage.
To buy a DStv decoder: visit www.dstv.com and click on where to buy/get DStv link for a list of their dealers. Next, visit the nearest dea; er to you locally. If you want to buy a DStv decoder online, the only accredited dealer that I know only is mcnshops
Kwese TV Decoders: You can get them through their website as well. This also applies to startimes, consat, mytv, canalsat, bein and so on. Just look up the official website of your preferred satelle tv provider and locate a dealer near you.
With official pay-tv decoders within the specified territory, you have zero chance of getting scammed.
buying satellite products online- FTA standalone decoders and dongles
We have pure FTA decoders as well as combo FTA decoders. All strong decoders are pure FTA decoders. Strong is like KODI. They are 100% legal on their own but they can be used for any illegality to varying degrees. Strong technology is not liable for misuse or wrong use of their decoders. Currently, all strong HD decoders can load a cccam(card sharing) as well as auto roll powervu channels. These two features are what the users added not the reason why the decoders were designed. The primary reason why strong was designed is to open 100% FTA channels
Conversely, Combo FTA decoder has multiple features which include: an opening of FTA channels, recording of programs, loading of cccam accounts and ability to come preloaded with their own unique IKS accounts. Such decoders are now more popular and they include Qsat, Gsky, alphaox, freesat and so on.
Where to buy an FTA decoder / Combo online
It is no longer news that I have stopped selling anything that has to do with dongles. However, for the sake of those who have patronized me in the past as well as those who want to buy a genuine satellite tv product or accessory, I give you this piece.
I will cover just the popular ones that offer aftersale supports. This guide will also help to take a buying decision when shopping for any piece of tech
GSKY & ANCLOUD: These were the main devices I was actively involved in back in the days. Thankfully, they have their own websites. Also, you can buy their products from third-party sites like eBay, aliexpress.com, alibaba and dhgate.com
Freesat decoders and sat finder: They also have a forum here
To buy genuine strong decoder: Firstly, always go for the latest model of any strong decoders because they offer overall better performance. If you want to buy a strong decoder online, look no further than there official website which is here. Needless to say, you will be better off buying from their accredited seller.
Have it in mind that strong technologies also sell genuine Dishes, LNBs, Multiswitches, Amplifiers, DiSEqC Switches and other accessories
tigerstar decoders: You can get them from their official websites, on eBay, dhgate, alibaba or aliexpress. Google readily help out here.
Other FTA decoders or dongles: Alibaba and aliexpress virtually stock any electronic devices produced in China. So whatever you want, just search them out on those sites.
How to buy from individuals either offline or online
Not everyone is comfortable with buying thing online for one reason or the other. In fact, the time lapse is a big militating factor. We all want to get and start using what we pay for as soon as possible. Online purchases have the time range of minimum of 4 days and maximum of 35 days. Offline takes 1 hour to a maximum of 2 days.
Dongle business if like black market, shrouded in secrecy. Thos involved in it are discreet. In fact, the first red flag is to avoid those who make so much noise and promise to sell too cheap. I have a compilation on how satellite tv products and accessories can be safely purchased from or through individuals.
Who to buy from and how?
- Buy from online freelance sellers/bloggers
If you want anything that doesn’t circumvent paytv subscription out of the box, please you can always patronize Lemmy morgan using the following medium: email: “info @ lemmymorgan.com“, contact page. For the sake of emphasis, only for satellite receivers or satellite components that don’t open pirated contents out of the box.
We have as many dongle and account sellers as there are receivers. Some are specialist while others are a generalist. I will not mention names because it will amount to direct or indirect collaboration. However, if you are want to buy any standalone satellite receiver or accessories online please pay attention to the followings.
- Firstly, ask if your local dealer-installer has an idea on how you can get what you want. You can’t be practically more knowledgeable than professional satellite installer. If you do not have any, please read along
- Patronize those who own a website. The website must not be too new and the engagement must be real.
- Do your integrity check on the individual by searching for any scandals or negative reviews on him. nairaland is great for this. You can also see if you notice any discrepancies in all his social media accounts. For example, if you search this site on google, everything you will find tallies with the info on this site. I am not saying you should only buy from those who made public their personal details. I have never publicised my personal details and no scandal has ever touched my name. None stained me in my prime let alone now that I have already quit selling dongles.
- Take note of the tone of the writings and comments of any seller you want to patronize. Such an individual must not be”Be-all and end-it-all”. The person shouldn’t be totally biased/ For instance if the person is selling his own brand decoder. he must not say his, is the best just because he wants to make sales. I only say something is the best after detailed research and verification.
- Don’t ignore the soothing of effective after sale services. A product is as good as its producer’s customer service.
- if something is too good to be true, then it probably is Do not fall for a cheap scam. Please endeavour to compare prices. if mr a is selling for 2k and Mr B sells for 300h. please don’t jump head-on into the sea of mr b. Find out why the difference in the price is so huge.
How can I contact satellite dongle sellers
I got the contact of my first dongle seller through google. The decision was daunting as prior to that period, I fear to purchase anything online. God so good, I wasn’t scammed and this spiralled afterwards. So you can search google and you will be amazed at what you will discover. Your discretion is allowed. Once again, use every weapon at your disposal to protect yourself from scam. However, don’t be too forward or too rude. Ask series of intelligent questions and those who are scammers will surely flee.