We are yet to see popular Android phone manufacturers who will supply their phones with a reversible micro USB cable. I practically push my devices to break point extremes. Over the years, I have found no joy using my OEM cables. The OEM cables get damaged within a few months. This post shall address issues like; safe alternative cables to manufacturer’s micro USB cable, problems of stock micro USB cable, the reversible cable effect and finally the Type C USB technology. I will elaborate on the best aftermarket reversible micro USB cable in this article
Especially relevant: What you must consider before buying a pre-owned phone
Why you should consider buying an Aftermarket Micro USB cable as soon as possible
To start with, I will say you should think of buying a high-quality durable micro USB cable for your mobile devices as soon as you get the means. I am imploring you not to wait until your stock / OEM proprietary micro USB cable get damaged. I am currently using a 10ft(which is longer than the tallest men in the world) reversible USB type A micro USB cable. Undoubtedly, I have seen it all. I have seen and used the manufacturer’s proprietary cables, knock off cables, durable one-way micro USB cable and now a durable, reversible and long micro USB cable.
Note: when I say you should buy an aftermarket micro USB cable, am not talking about cheaply made ones. Rather am talking about aftermarket cables from renowned manufacturers other than your OEM. I will advise buying a high-quality micro usb cable like mine for the following reasons:
- High-quality micro USB cables are cheaper than the ones supplied with your phones or mobile devices. Go to Samsung office and try and price their OEM cable
- Typically, a good aftermarket micro USB cable will charge your phone faster.
- When you choose the best aftermarket micro USB cables, you will realise that it is more durable the existing one.
- You have more options for length with a good aftermarket USB cable.
- There is also a possibility of you getting a reversible connector in the aftermarket cable section. It means both sides are the right side
- All the inconveniences of using an OEM are solved with a good aftermarket USB cable. You will have more confidence using your phone while charging it.
DANGERS OF CONTINUALLY USING A FAULTY USB CABLE OR A FAKE AFTERMARKET CABLE
If you keep using your apparently faulty OEM micro USB cable or lightning cable(in the case of iOS), you are slowly damaging your phone. Similarly, if you are fond of buying fake USB cable or charger for your phones, you are not helping the phone. Here are some issues that may arise as a result of your using a bad USB charging cable:
- Your charging port can be damaged.
- It charges as fast as the OEM and even faster in some cases
- Device overheating or explosion: A bad cable can cause overheating and can even cause the device to go up in flames if you are using it while charging.
- Electric shock: The cable may be exposed like the one in the picture I uploaded above. If this happens, you can isolate electric shock.
- Bloated battery: when the wrong amount of current is being supplied, every thing but positive will happen to your battery.
- Phone fails to charge, it can be touchy or it can detach easily while charging
- Your phone may be discharging or under charge.
- The mobile phone may act up while charging: Have you wonder while some app stop working all because you plug in a charger? well, this might be the culprit.
Why a reversible micro USB cable is better than one-way micro USB cable
We have so many high-grade aftermarket micro USB charging cable. From my experience, the best aftermarket micro USB cable is the reversible one. I will upload a picture of how my rugged one-way USB cable compared with its reversible counterpart below:
In theory, you will think the thick one should last longer. I mean it has an appearance with thick braided-nylon fibre jacket which is sturdier than the normal cable. In reality, this is not the case. The one-way cable I got it has a very durable cable but a flawed connector. Within a few months, the connector starter coming up and I had to glue it. I got the reversible cable and it has been joy all the way for the following reasons specifically.
- Simply plug a reversible cable in, it works either way
- You can be sure not to worry about the connector’s teeth sticking in or becoming inelastic.
- You can carelessly plug your cable in
- Avoid costly damage to you phone’s charging port with a reversible.
- The one I got actually has a better TPE Material which is softer than PVC material(used by your phone manufacturers) and it recovers to its original for faster after folded,anti-stretching, anti-bending, highly-flexible and tangle-free properties.
- I also bought the one that is longer. I can now drag my phone along everywhere I go within my room. this cable is way taller than me.
Choosing the best aftermarket reversible micro USB cable
I will not want you, my dear readers, to jump from frying pan to fire when shopping for your reversible USB cable. I the opposite direction, Apple has been using the reversible connector technology with their devices for years. There is no popular android phone manufacturer that has followed suit yet. Even Samsung did not ship the s8 with a reversible cable. Also, you can also get an aftermarket lighting cable for your iOS device that is more durable and will charge your phone faster.
Please continue reading on the next page>>>