I have been buying on Amazon since 2013. I have had my very bad loss while shopping on Amazon. My losses were no fault of Amazon, it was entirely mine.Amazon shopping tricks is the topic of discussion today. I was the chief architect of my own misfortune a situation which I want anyone reading this to avoid. In to days article, I will teach you some hard and fast rules that you can employ while shopping on amazon.com outside the US.
Firstly, let me remind you that my guide will only be useful for those shopping on amazon.com. Not for those shopping in the UK, Chinese, Japanese variants of the site.
Read also: how Amazon can help you become a PlayStPlusn plus member
Why all the buzz about Amazon? Why should I shop on Amazon?
Before we proceed, let me quickly run through the “Amazon advantage” or call it why you should consider shopping on Amazon if you have the means.
- The largest and the most credible online store.
- Amazon also offers the lowest prices of any new thing you buy in their stores
- Unrivalled customer service: They offer free return, replacement, and they solve every issue you may encounter
- Free and fast shipping: If you are in the US, you can even get a one-day shipping.
- Your one-stop shopping destination: Gone are the days when you only get to buy books on Amazon. Now they sell everything consumable.
Why do Africans especially Nigerians find it very difficult shopping on Amazon?
There is never a solution without a problem. The problem we are trying to solve here is about the difficulties involved in shopping on Amazon by most non-US residents. I am going to use Nigeria has my case study. Of course, if Nigeria can do it, others can. Below are the
- Huge shipping cost: when you are buying from Nigeria, you may even pay 4 times the amount of the items you are purchasing on shipping. I remember back then when I purchased $50 worth of items, I had to pay $59 for the shipping via UPS. I am now wiser as you will soon find out.
- Some wonderful items are not available for international shipping: Well, This is one of the frustrations I encountered when I started shopping on Amazon. Today, I am an Amazon pro
- Get it first before any of your friends: If you are expecting a product, you can preorder it on Amazon and get it cheap ahead of any of your friends. I got pes 2018 for #6000 lesser than what dealers were selling it locally. Be warned, you can get it at a higher price if you don’t know your way
- Phobia of some Nigerians for online shoppinPreviouslysly, we are always very scared of ordering items personally. We prefer to buy from those who already stock it.
- Means of payment: Another grey area is the fact that, we simply believe Amazon will not support us. eBay doesn’t support shoppers from Nigeria. However, Amazon does. Also, Amazon only accepts direct bank transfer(The US only) or credit card on their site. You can use any credit card from any country
- Indiscriminate account banning: Unlike PayPal(of course they do not fully support Nigeria) Amazon doesn’t ban account just anyhow. On the contrary, their support team are the best. I had issues with my account twice and in both cases, my account was reinstated within the shortest period of time. You must, however, be clean to be able to pull this through.
Please flip to the next page for the tricks proper>>