What is Amazon gift card and how are they utilised?
Using a quote from Amazon.com Amazon.com Gift Cards are issued by ACI Gift Cards LLC, a Washington limited liability company, and include Amazon.com Gift Cards that are automatically added to your Amazon.com Balance when you “reload” your balance, receive an “allowance”, or use an “Amazon Cash” barcode (“Gift Cards”). Your Amazon.com Balance displays the total remaining balance of all Gift Cards that have been applied to your Amazon.com account but not yet applied to a purchase.
We may refer to your Amazon.com Balance as your “Amazon Balance”, “Gift Card balance”, or “GC Balance”. To view your Amazon.com Balance, visit Your Account on Amazon.com. Purchases are deducted from your Amazon.com Balance. Any unused Amazon.com Balance will remain associated with your Amazon.com account. If a purchase exceeds your Amazon.com Balance, the remaining amount must be paid with another payment method.
Benefits of using an Amazon.com gift card
Add this to the general benefits of a gift card. I am talking about the specific here. Amazon.com gift cards are used for the following reasons:
- Amazon.com Gift Cards never expire and carry no fees.
- Redeemable toward millions of items storewide on Amazon.com. In other words, you can use them to buy just anything including vehicles on Amazon.com
- Multiple denominations. Choose your amount from $1.00 to $2,000. I am yet to buy that of 2k dollars though. I can only attempt that when buying directly from Amazon
- Variety of designs for any occasion. In case you don’t know, the brains behind the name gift cards is in the fact that it is actually a gift. You can design this in a number of ways if you want to buy and send as a gift to friends or families.
The perfect gift: Amazon.com Gift Cards are the perfect way to give them exactly what they’re hoping for–even if you don’t know what it is. Recipients can choose from millions of items storewide. Amazon.com Gift Cards never expire, so they can buy something immediately or wait for that sale of a lifetime.
- Also, you accumulate several gift cards and store them overtime until when you are ready to use them. Thanks to the non-expiration tag!!
Why are Amazon.com cards especially valuable to Nigerians and other with ailing economy
The reasons why acquiring amazon gift card prior to items purchases on Amazon by Nigerians is a life saver are as follows:
- Limitations on international spending: Nigeria banks has placed several spending limits on international transactions. Currently, the barrier is set to $1000 by some banks. If you want to do real business and make good cash, this is not enough in my opinion. With a gift card, you can reload your account with several 1000s before making your purchase.
- It is way cheaper buying a gift card. If you have a contact in the US, they can send it to you as a gift and you will load them into your account. Also, many reliable 3rd party sites sell the gift card for a little cheaper than what you will get it directly from Amazon.
- It is way more convenient. Also, issues are resolved faster when you are buying with gift card compared to a credit card.
- All of the above leads us to the fact that you buy cheap and sell cheap, make more profits and get more customers. Explaining this further, the current naira to dollar exchange rates in Nigeria is #360. You may find a seller who is will to sell an Amazon gift card for as low as #300 per dollar. calculate your profits either ways and give me the answer assuming you are buying for sale an iPhone 8 Plus that cost $920.
Where and how can I buy a Gift Card?
There are three ways by which you can legally acquire a genuine amazon gift card. These are:
- Buy it directly from Amazon using your local ATM/credit card
- You can receive it as a gift from a friend or a family
- Also, you can buy from 3rd party accredited websites, for example, the ones from this link
- You can win Amazon.com gift cans from auction sites or as giveaways or some random sites
- Finally and this goes specifically to my Nigerian brothers: you can buy your Amazon cards from local exchangers. But please and please, make sure you buy it along with the receipt otherwise Amazon will ban your account and you will lose everything.
If and when you are buying a gift card from a 3rd party, please always watch your back. The followings are the red flags: 1. Do not buy a card that has no receipt, 2. Do not buy a card that has a photoshopped receipt. Avoid transacting with any seller who doesn’t own and operate his or her own Amazon account. Please do not redeem your gift cards in quick successions. Allow an interval of 30 minutes at least. Finally, do not load a gift card with a fresh and unverified account.
Failure to comply with the above will surely lead to account termination/suspension and you will lose all your balance no matter how much. It will be a big blow for you if a $50 fraudulent gift card causes you to lose thousands of dollars.
WHAT ARE THE MAJOR LIMITATIONS TO USING AN AMAZON.COM GIFT CARD?
There is no good thing without its bad side. amazon are strict with their policies and we have some inexcusable limits on gift cards.
- Amazon.com Gift Cards can only be used to purchase eligible goods and services on Amazon.com. In a layman’s language, to purchase a gift card for Amazon’s website in another country, please visit Amazon.ca, Amazon.cn, Amazon.fr, Amazon.de, Amazon.in, Amazon.it, Amazon.jp, Amazon.uk, or Amazon.es.
- Amazon.com Gift cards in smaller denominations can actually cost recipients money. To explain this fi=urther, let us say, for example, you receive a $25 card, if you can’t see what you want to buy for that amount, you must augment it with your credit card.
- Your Amazon.com Balance cannot be used to purchase other Gift Cards
- Also, you cannot use your gift card to subscribe to “Amazon Prime” or similar services on Amazon. To subscribe to amazon prime membership, you need to use your credit card.
- Non-transferrable, resellable for value or redeemed for cash, except to the extent required by law. No portion of your Amazon.com Balance may be transferred to another Amazon.com account.
- Conclusively, read the full terms and conditions as it pertains to Amazon.com gift card here
For further inquiries, you can drop your comment in the comment box or make use of the contact form.