Welcome to the tutorial that will teach you how to renew your azsky G1 and xman with the new internet service account(which comes with server validity function) .
If you have never, upgraded your dongle before, pause and read this tutorial first
STEPS ON HOW TO LOAD A NEW SERVICE ACCOUNT INTO YOUR AZSKY G1/XMAN :
- Winrar for pc either 32bit or 64bit depending on your operating system
- Buy the g1 service account(g1 account works for xman for g1+ tutorial click here) if you don’t know where to get one, contact me on info @ lemmymorgan.com
- A working computer (Recommended a Desktop computer or an old laptop with direct 9pin serial port) if you must use a laptop, then buy a usb to serial cable works only with windows xp and windows vista. You can as well use a desktop computer from a cafe to do the upgrade
- Download every other thing below:
After downloading the files above, install winrar then use winrar to extract all the files that require extraction and you will get the following files in their respective folders;
How to upgrade the new account to Azsky G1 Adapter
- Open the flash tool folder that you have extracted to the desktop and then double click on the flash tool.exe icon with red curved arrow it is within the folder. This will open up a new window for you.
- In the new window that opens, click on options menu and then click on the baudrate and choose 115200( of course its chosen as 115200 by default)
- Click on option menu again and click on com port then choose your com port e.g com 1 (if you are using a desktop its com 1)
- Click on option again and then click on format fat to make sure it is disabled (what this means is that you must choose “Do not Format FAT” and make sure you confirm your selection by clicking “ok” on this window if you are using G1 but you must select format FAT if you are using G1+)
- Now Click scatter/config file icon, from the window that opens, select “scatWS52_1632_MOD_10A.txt” then click open. This will automatically add bootloader,rom, and zimage to the window
- Click the download button that is next to the stop button then connect your r232 cable to your box and your computer then power your box (Note: only connect your box after clicking on the download button). This will start the download in couple of seconds. Wait till the whole process is finished. It will last for over 10 minutes before it finishes if your download progress is stuck on 0% waiting, quickly remove your power cable from the back of your decoder and re-insert it then your download will start immediately.
- When done, a dialogue box will appear telling you that the download process is complete a small window with a green circle will pop-up, click ok to finish the process the remove your box.
- Install APNSettings_fix_lemmymorgan.com. After installation, close it and don’t use it at all(It serves as the runtime that will launch AccountSettingV1.5_G1.
- 1. Extract the AccountSettingV1.5_G1.zip to your computer, then you will get a folder on your computer named “AccountSettingV1.5_G1” The folder has 5 files as follows;
i. AccountSettingV1.5_G1.exe is the tool for upgrade G1 service account, before you run it, please run “install.bat” or install APNSEtting_fix. at first, then your PC will be able to run AccountSettingV1.5_G1.exe. if your PC OS is WIN7, Please run ccountSettingV1.5_G1.exe as an administrator.
9. Use the RS232 cable (the one that came with your azsky dongle) to connect the GPRS dongle and PC. power on the dongle
10. Run AccountSettingV1.5_G1.exe, as shown below:
The green circle means the PC can surf the Internet. If the circle color is red, it means the PC can not surf the
internet or can not find address service, please check your internet.
11. Choose your RS-232 cable UART port, for example com3.com4…(If you use a desktop computer, the port is likely to be COM1)
12. Browse your PC to choose the account file.( D************.)
13. Press “Set” button to upgrade the account. when it display “Write data ok”, it means the new account upgrade finished.
If you check “Delete the account file when it’s ok”, after you finish the account upgrade, the account file will
be deleted automatic from the account folder (this will be a very good move as it will remove the temptation of using that particular service account, mistakengly or intentionally on another dongle).
If you encounter any problem while trying to do this, please let me know in the comment box below
WARNING!!! PLEASE DO NOT LOAD ONE ACCOUNT ON TWO BOXES SO AS TO AVOID OR SUSPENSION
UPDATES!!!: If you are updating an expired xman, you may only perform Step 8 and skip all other steps and you will be good to go. Infact if you are renewing an xman box, please don’t even bother to perform steps 1 to 7 as it won’t complete successfully most of the time. simply perform step 8. However, if you are upgrading any box be it g1, g1+, or g2 that is not expired please endeavor to perform all the steps