I know most of my fans / clients will think this article is long overdue, well there is need to exercise patience before posting an article of this magnitude. If you must have launch with the devil, you must do so with a long spoon because the devil may want to attempt to strike you after the meal. This article will benefit both dealers and sub-dealers alike, it will also benefit the newbie as well as the satellite geeks. Am going to shed lights on most of the occurrences in the past 7 days. Most pressing questions shall be answered.
Must Read For All Azsky G6 Users: Download Azsky G6 Beta 2 Software Now Works With 3g Modem.
Let me go straight to the points it is a known fact now that most products that we all use to watch ds*v channels have been suffering since about six days now. I will carefully furnish you with all you need to know about what happened and the way forward.
WHAT EXACTLY DID DS*V DID TO THEM AND WHY?
Answering the last question first, let me say ds*v is simply a Shylock of a company and that is why so many products are trying to open their channels. It is expected of them to counter-attack who they tagged piracy and that is the reason why they blocked all products on there channels.
As for what they do, well i will say i commend dst* on their latest upgrade which is comparable to a timed bomb. what they do is a combination of both software and hardware upgrade. they invalidated the cards used by all dongles and also killed both cccam, mgcam and dongle servers individually. The attack came as a rude shock as a result of the relaxed attitude of dongle manufacturers. We should all remember that for almost five months, dst* could not come up with a significant upgrade to unsettle dongle manufacturers, but this time around, ds*v got it right.
DOES THAT MEAN THE END TO DONGLES / IKS DECODERS & CCCAM ACCOUNTS?
When i observed the attack, i thought the end has come. This is because it affected virtually everything that was opening dst* channels as at the time the attack was launched. However, i got relieved when the following day a cccam account was able to open all dst* channels as well as some of their HD channels(the hd channels are off now). two days after, and till date, azsky and a+ was able to restore ss3(this is the strongest sport channel on dst*) to their server. After that some many newcamd and cccam came out that opens ds*v.In short, this is not the end of dongles because as long as cccam is working, dongles will work again.
THE IMPACT OF THE ATTACK ON VARIOUS DONGLES AND DECODERS
On Azsky: Direct attack on azsky server which caused a total collapse of services, they restored all the channels hours later, but it went off. They later restored supersports 3 and it works up till this afternoon that i last checked. For azsky, they can’t just rush in to restore things because they are a company of integrity, and they will always want to offer values for customer’s money. If you have an azsky product that is only opening. ss3 be patient, sooner or later they will fix it. And if you are out trying to buy a renewal account for your azsky, you should know that at the moment, only one channel that is ss3 is showing even after renewal.
ON Qsat: They are a bit lucky in the sense that the upgrade took place at the time qsat was upgrading. What still baffles me about qsat is tat, there are still various qsat with certain codes that are still not working. Qsat managed to get a make shift server that works for them with intermittent freezing. the most notable impact on qsat is that after the upgrade, it will go offline prior to any live match.
On Tlink: Tlink is currently showing only ss3 too’
On A+ & Eclink X5: As for A+, same as azsky. But as for X5, it once showed lots of channels, but later it went off totally. So as i speak no channel is showing on x5.
On Atlantis, Zorrobox and startrack: well if you are not aware, A+ is the owner of both zorrobox and startrack 2014. So what affect, A+ dongle, also affects zoro and star. As for atlantis, it went off totally but as at yesterday, only SS 3 came up on atlantis.
HOW CAN DST* STOP ALL PRODUCTS FOR GOOD?
Stopping all products and account is pretty easy. but it is very expensive to carry out. they will simply change all the decoders in the hands of all their subscribers individual, they will now re-customize their decoder and marry it with the newly customized smart card. That is what mytv and canalsat did.
HOW CAN DSTV GET THE MERCY OF NIGERIANS AND AFRICANS?
Before an average African can pity dst* they must take some steps. In the past i used to be a pivotal of free internet browsing tricks.But today, i discourage people and i rather appraise promotions by out ISP. Similarly if dst* can do all / some of the followings, they will be totally free from piracy;
- Slash their subscription fee to about a region of %60. e.g if their premium package is #10200, they should reduce it to about #6600.
- They can offer a pay-per-view price system, that is only pay for the channels you view (this is what is operational in europe)
- They can offer pay-per-selection(that is you pay for only the channels you select to watch. not forcing all relevant and irrelevant channels on you.
- And Finally, if they reduce their price by a small margine, but they now offer access to be able to use their decoder to browse the internet free of charge as long as you subscribe to their bouquet.
Apart from the above mentioned, it will be a tough battle as we all remember how globalcom exposed mtn’s unwillingness to operate on pay as you go.
WHAT ARE THE REMEDIES AVAILABLE IN THIS TRYING TIME?
For rich men and Medium income earners who owns azsky G6:
- If you already own a of a g6, simply buy a cccam or mgcam account into your g6 and continue enjoying premium channels cccam is expensive, but they are working steadily now even though no one can guarantee their future. Cccam works independent of the inbuilt azsky account.
- Alternatively, you can buy qsat and watch it mostly in the afternoon because qsat now goes of almost every evening since the upgrade. So you can use qsat with G6 independent of each other.
- You can also subscribe to a ds*v bouquet other than the #11600 stuff, this will server your family who will be missing dramas, movies and cartoons Once the storm is over, it is over
- Still on remedies for the rich and average, finally if you have a compound that is big, you can buy a 3.6meter dish and buy a tlink decoder to open all hotbird packages. I watched the champion’s league on hotbird on skysport 24 yesterday. similarly, if you already own a g6, you can buy at least1meter dish and watch Bein sports on your g6. You can as well buy a cccam for your g6 and watch three packages; tvsat, ds*v, nilesat and hotbird. I a friend who sells a particular cccam which supports all that.
Other Remedies Generally Applicable:
- You can buy and use a cccam account with your qsat
- You can scan for and watch FTA channels on your qsat as a standby when your qsat goes off at crucial moment.
- If you are a family man and you are having any other above listed products, doing one or all of the followings is a necessity;
- The beauty of g6 is that it is a complete decoder designed for bothe scrambled channels and free to air channels it is also very easy to use. My next post will cover a g6 software that will enable you use cccam and iptv through a 3g modem on g6. If you are a sport lover, you can combine your ss3 on g6 with the following free to air channels which shows live champions legue and Epl channels: ATN: 12283(H)27500, RDV: it is on eutelsat 36.0E as well as eutelsat 16.0E , and eutelsat w37.0E (frequency is 12437.00 [H]) If you are tracking this particulay channel on dst* position, you must let your lnb be in a slant form e.g like 8 O Clock or 5 o clock your local installer could easily help you loacate atn and rdv on dst* position. Similarly Multitv is a ghanian free satellite tv provider which has a good number of programmes including sports, movies and music. Joysports on multitv always show at least one live epl match on saturday and one champions league match on Tuesday. The new method of scanning for multi tv channels on strong and g6 is as follows:
- Go to Manual Scan => 28.2ºE ASTRA 2A/2B/2F must display as satellite name (If not, search for it) => scroll down to Frequency, search for 12522MHz then press “1” => go to “Edit” and Press OK
- Change/Enter Frequency to/as 12525MHz
- Then scroll down to Symbol Rate and enter 27000 (instead of 19531)
- Then press OK. Receiver will save new data and will scan in the new Multi TV channel list.
- You can as well get some channels that shows live matches as free to air on eutelsat 16.0E. you have ait sports there, rdv among others as free to air.
- Another solution for low income earner for me is to get my hands on either mytv(mytv now charge just #1200 to ghave access to all their channels and they have news, music and drama they only lack in live matches),gotv or starttimes or pay the least subscription for a dst* decoder for the sake of my family members who will love to watch family entertainment programs.
WHAT IS THE LATEST NEXT TECHNOLOGY?
I have been saying it that cccam and iptv are the next technology, the only problem is that cccam is expensive(though not expensive compared to what ds*v charges monthly not up to half of what ds* charges). When there is exploitation, there will be revolution. This latest upgrade opens the doors fro several independent cccam server providers who are making a lot of money selling accounts. and it is very difficult to block servers individually because the producers of dongles will n=buy accounts from these independent server runners who will have a parallel relationship with dongle sellers. Just give major dongle manufacturers like azsky a bit of time and normalcy will be restored( you are saying its taking too long? well i hae stayed for two months with nothing in the past due to ds* upgrade i even stayed almost fibe months when avatar 2 stopped working).
IPTV is the next technology and it is thriving in western world. The Chinese are ready to buy premium links that will show all programs including sports, music etc and fix it into their decoder but the problem is our internet connection. If premium links is used as iptv, the videos become clearer, and it loads faster and you won’t have any error message of a dead link. the last time i streamed 90minutes on a decoder that comes with skysport, i used up like 90mb of data. If our local network operators cooperates with the chinese, to construct more mast and also to receive cheaper internet service from them, then iptv will be very convenient in Nigeria and africa. You will be able to use a data plan of like #3500 for 1 month.
I believe 100% as a result of known facts mentioned above that all dongles and iks decoders will be fully back. Necessity is the mother of invention we only need to be patient with them or else we will rush them back to action which will still leave a loophole in their system. I can say of asky that they will come up with the best possible solutions because the still currently have the largest subscriber base in dongle industry. A+ too will be desperate to make a comeback because of their two newly produced products(zorobox and startrack). Qsat has made its comeback but qsat has lost its magic wand, i pray qsat can do better but for now qsat opens more channels and its mostly stable in the afternoon, it normally goes of at crucial times as well as sometimes in the evening. By hand large qsay=t is half a loaf of bread which is better than groundnut it currently works better than Azsky and A+ but it is below the stability and efficiency of a cccam / mgcam account.
We also learned that you can use nilesat or hotbird to watch live matches even in HD format with a dish not less than 1meter if you use a cccam on G6 or you have a tlink decoder. The greater challenge we are facing on nilesat or hotbird is where to install the dish. the cost of the dish is cheap but it will be difficult to install it in a rented apartment or else your landlord will increase your rent the very next moment. how i wish big dishes can be folded like umbrellas or parachute.
Finally, i also made mention of the fact that there are some free to air channels nike joysports, mb1 1 and to, atn and rdv which shows live matches. I concluded on a note that iptv is part of the next technology to beat Shylock sat providers like ds*v.
Please if you have any good source of a cccam or newcamd provider you can drop your comment below